Update 0.1.2 – Christmas Update
Hello everyone! The Christmas update is here, and it brings many improvements to the game! Thank you again for the support and feedback. I’ve worked hard to improve the game for this update, based on your feedback. Combat is a big focus for this update, and I’ve done what I can to make it fairer, clearer, and more enjoyable. Of course, I couldn’t resist adding in something for the festive season, and this comes in the form of Santa hats!
I wish you all a Merry Christmas and I hope you enjoy the update!
If you want to report any issues or bugs, give feedback, or just want to talk about the game, feel free to join the Discord server!
NOTE: This update will wipe existing game progress and local leaderboard entries.
- Added Santa hats to the player character and all enemies for the Christmas period.
Added an attack warning indicator to all enemies
_- An exclamation mark will be cast above an enemy if it is about to attack.
- Bosses do not have this indicator._
Player attack knockback
- Attacks made by the player now have a knockback effect.
Kragon second stage
- Added the second stage of the Kragon boss.
Mutagen upgrades menu
- Added a menu to choose which unlocked Mutagen upgrades are equipped.
Local leaderboard ‘play time’ entry
- Play session times will now be added to leaderboard entries.
- Game settings have now been added to the pause menu.
Test Dummy variant
- Added a new variant of the Test Dummy enemy that spawns in higher waves.
- Mutagen upgrades
_- Now only one Mutagen upgrade machine is at the end of each region.
- Mutagen upgrade machines, which unlock at a specified enemy wave, can now be found within region levels._
Reduced enemies push force
- Enemies now push the player less.
Player skill attack now based on sequential hits
- Previously every third attack did extra damage. Now after two successful hits, the next attack will deal extra damage. Resets on a miss.
Kobold skill attack enabled
Increased player Flop Shark attack ‘thrust’ force.
- Attacking now moves the player more accurately, and slightly further, in the attack direction.
Reduced Flop Shark speed during attacks
- AI controlled Flop Sharks now move much slower during an attack.
Maximum enemies per wave increase rate reduced
- The increase rate of the number of enemies to be spawned each wave has been reduced.
Reduced Flop Shark Leap chance
- Slightly decreased the chance of an AI controlled Flop Shark leaping towards the player.
Kobold push grenades blast effect
- Added an effect to represent grenade detonation.
Reduced Kobold push grenade blast force
- Slightly reduced the blast force of push grenades to reduce sudden jarring movement and enemies getting stuck in walls.
Kragon grenade volley
- The Kragon boss can now launch a volley of powerful push grenades when it’s not attacking.
Removed freeze frame effect
Reduced screen shake intensity
Removed skill attack screen shake
Aiming cursor is now a UI element
- No longer jitters when the player moves. Previously the aiming cursor was a game object.
Added skip tutorial option to main menu for new games
Tilemap collider optimised
- Halved performance impact of collision detection by optimising the colliders on tilemaps.
Optimised pathfinding methods
- Reduced the performance impact of methods used in enemy pathfinding.