Hello Monster Keepers,
Following our Horizon Beach Update, we're thrilled to bring you our third content update. Thank you for all your continued support! Here’s the widely anticipated feature and one of the highest stretch goals on our Kickstarter campaign live now:
Watch the PvP trailer now:
The main addition of this update is the new Online Player vs. Player mode. In-game matchmaking will let you test your skills by being matched against other people online to climb the in-game leaderboards. To be able to access PVP, you will need to reach the "Keeper Lancer" rank in the game (which means you need to defeat seven Champion Monsters). It’s recommended for your Monster team to be at the current maximum level (29), as you could be matched against enemy teams at that level.
PVP duels function like the Keeper duels in the game: each player uses their full team of six Monsters for the fight. The duel is only over once either one of the players has no more Monsters left to fight with. We have also added in the ability to switch out your active Monsters during the fight, as well as the ability to forfeit a duel. If a PVP battle takes too many rounds, there is a system in place to prevent stalemate matches: each Monster will get "Infinity" stacks (as in the Infinity Arena) that drastically increase damage.
For balance we’d love to hear your feedback! As you can see in the patch notes below, we have made a large amount of changes this update to make PvP balanced through beta testing. However, there might still be some Monsters or some skills that are overpowered or underpowered. Let us know in the comments, on the steam forums what you all think!
A New Monster: Manticorb!
We’ve also added a new Monster to the game, the Manticorb! This spell-casting furball was submitted by "RacieB" for one of our Community Monster contests, which it won by popular vote. We hope that you all will love the Manticorb as well! You can find it hidden in the beginning area of the game.
Manticorb is capable of wind, water, fire and neutral magical attacks, as well as Buffs. Apart from its variety of different attacks, one of its main strengths in combat is the ability to create extremely high combo chains!
- Overhaul on all damage values of attacks as well as healing skills
- Elderjel Champion version is now slightly weaker
- All crit chance on equipment reduced by 1% (excep for Crit Ring and Feather)
- Some critical damage values on equipment and skills slightly reduced
- Mana Regeneration values on equipment slightly increased
- Max Mana values on higher upgrades of equipment slightly increased
- Health scaling of player monsters increased
- Caraglow buffing Heal replaced with Improved Light shifted Caraglow no longer gets +2 magic
- Both tanuki shifts now gain +1 Mana
- Magmamoth has now Critical Edge instead of Recuperate
- Kongamato defense reduced by 1
- Toxiquus now has Armor Shred and Buffing Heal passives
- Sizzle Knight, Goblin Hood, Rocky and Aurumtail now have Purify Skill
- Koi now has Mana Stability, Heroic Defense and an additional Mana Proc skill
- G'Rulu now has Life Overload, Multi Regeneration, Preparation, Kindle and Health Proc skills
- Grummy now has Life Overload, Multi Regeneration, Remunerate, Preemtive Shield, Armor Shred and Health Proc skills
- Druid Oak's Skill tree slightly reworked (no Revive level 3 available anymore), Light shift -1 magic && attack
- Yowie now has an additional Health Proc, Combo Healing and Life Wave instead of Healing Wave
- Chill now only removes 10% of enemies mana on application (instead of 20%)
- Agility & Spellshield dodge chance reduced to 20% (from 25%)
- Weakness value reduced to 20% (from 25%) but fixed multiple weaknesses having no additional effect.
- Disorientation miss value reduced to 5% (from 7.5%)
- Evasion dodge value reduced to 20% (from 25%) of the crit chance
- Dodging reduced to 8% (from 10%)
- Splatter only transfers half of the stacks now (rounded up)
- Mystify now has a 50% chance to grant a Buff (instead of 100%)
- Burning Desire, Disoriented, Incinerate, Plague, Severe Upkeep, Shatter, Sub Zero, Sensitivity and Toxic Reaction are now a unique aura (multiples of those don't have additional effect)
- Incinerate, Plague, Severe Upkeep trigger chance is now reduced to 40% (from 50%)
- Disease Control damage reduction lowered to 4% (from 5%)
- Electric Field, Poison Glands, Spiky Defense and Icy Skin chance reduced to 40% (from 50%)
- Hex apply chance reduced to 7.5% (from 10%)
- Burning Desire Shield value reduced to 7.5% (from 10%)
- Burning Heat, Poisoning Soil, Shocking Current and Chilling Cold chance reduced to 15% (from 20%)
- Sensitivity and Sub Zero damage bonus reduced to 7.5% (from 10%)
- Whirlpool now removes two debuffs
- Wound stacks now reduce healing by 40% (instead of 50%)
- Reduced Buffing Heal value to 50% (from 80%)
- Increased the Auto Heal value to 150% (from 100%)
- Arcane Shield 2 now also applies 'Channel' buff
- Shield Burst damage increased to 400% and it can't be dodged. Mana cost increased to 120.
- Most buffing skills were slightly increased in mana cost
- Age buff values decreased to 4% (from 5%)
- Healing Shield value reduced to 20% (from 25%)
- Healing Link chance reduced to 25% (from 30%)
- Additional stacks of Sidekick buff or Shock debuff now have only 50% chance to trigger instead of dealing only 50% damage
- Aqua Blast, Leaf Slash and Whirlwind Burst cannot be dodged now
- Pandora's Box buff is now treated as an additional buff stack for the combat (the monster can receive that buff twice, but the second stack will be only half as strong)
- Heroic Defense reduces damage by 3% for every buff now (instead of 4%)
- Mana Overload and Mana Stability value increased to 15% (instead of 10%)
- Life Overload and Life Stability value decreased to 2.5% (instead of 3%)
That's all for now
The next content update will feature a completely new area to explore to follow up from Horizon Beach. Until then, we hope you'll enjoy fighting each other’s teams of Monsters and coming up with new strategies and builds!
You can share your feedback here on the Steam forums or on our Discord channel. Come say hi!
We also wish you a happy holiday season! Thanks for all your support and we'll bring you the next update in the new year.