A build is now live on Steam for Windows, macOS and Linux with new content, a new weapon and improvements to the arcade game mode!
There's now more content around the street level, just after the Arque office building, with a set of new enemies to boot. Use the cheat map TheBase#sp05 to jump there!
Hammer Weapon & Arcade Changes
There's now a hammer weapon in Estranged: Act II, which is available in certain places in the single player story. The Warehouse arcade level now has a lot more weapons available to the player, allowing you to pick from the Pistol, Rifle, Pickaxe and Hammer to fight the horde.
There's a new achievement, "Barista", which can be obtained by tidying the coffee table in the lecturing room in the Arque offices.
[h2]Other Changes[/h2]* Fixes to the resolution selector in the screen menu
- Changes to freeze AI characters during loading screens
- Upgrades from Unreal Engine 4.22.3 to 4.24.0
- Adds a new developer log if "on-screen statistics" are enabled
- Fixes a bug where spawning in water would not muffle the sound
- Fixes bug with closed captioning around infected character chasing
- Enables frame rate smoothing to avoid hitches due fluctuation
- The view under-water is now downsampled (since it is blurry anyway) using a custom full-res blur
- The web browser has now been removed from Act II, since it was the source of many post-shutdown crashes
- The in-game news has now been replaced by a native UI widget driven by iamestranged.com
As with every update - thank you for playing Estranged! I'm around at https://discord.gg/estranged if you'd like to provide feedback, or just hang out with the Discord community.