More news direct from the Last Year Development team & Brother Justin:
Greetings, Brothers and Sisters!
We are pleased to announce that Last Year Patch 1.0.7 is now available! If you do not see the prompt to update, you may need to restart your Steam client.
With Patch 1.0.7, we’ve made more improvements to your Last Year experience:
1 - Parties: We’ve fixed the issues related to parties being split up or having difficulty getting into matches. As always, we’d appreciate the community’s help in stress testing this feature and your patience as we continue to monitor this feature.
2 - Optimization: We’ve done a first pass of optimization to help improve performance and reduce drops in FPS. We’ll be continuing to see what other improvements can be made without sacrificing quality of experience.
3 - Balancing: We’ve begun to adjust the balance of the game to reduce player pain on both sides of the experience, and to ensure new players are having the most positive experience of the title as possible. Here is a list of the most impactful changes we’ve made:
- The cost of re- purchasing Spells in the Arcanum has been lowered to 425 for Tier 2 Spells and 600 for Tier 3 Spells.
- Traps now break after the Classmate trapped has received a total of 40 damage.
- Fiends can only lay 5 traps instead of 6.
- Disarming un-sprung traps takes less time, but sprung traps take more time.
- The “slow” effect on the Spider Venom has been reduced.
- Two Spider ambushes have been removed from the Gym basement, prioritizing those that were nearly impossible to avoid, even if detected.
- The damage over time on the Flamethrower has been reduced.
- Cryptids that spawn from nests are limited to 3 at a time. This change helps with both balance and performance.
- Added Hit Marks to UI for both Cryptids and Nests for better player feedback.
- Fiend respawn time during the escape sequence has been increased slightly.
4 - Bug Fixes: We’ve begun to address certain bugs, prioritizing those that have an effect on gameplay and balance. Here is a list of issues we’ve resolved:
- Sprint is no longer disabled when hit by The Spider.
- Classmates can now move while crouched in The Spider’s venom.
- Shotgun hits now register more frequently. This is the first in more planned improvements to this item.
- Cryptid Nests no longer spawn indefinitely in The Library Map.
- Molotov Cocktails now damage Cryptid Nests.
We’ll continue to monitor matchmaking, performance, and balance after this patch is released to see what changes are needed next. These are just the first planned changes for balance, and we’re hoping to implement a few more important changes that the community has identified very soon.
We thank you for your continued support and patience. Everyone here at Elastic Games remains committed to improving this title we all care so much about, and we'd love to hear your feedback!
Feel free to head over to the Review Section on our Steam page and let us know how you feel about Last Year.