A lot of this version is about performance adjustments and structural code revisions for upcoming things next year.
Part of the gained performance was used for new systems.
- When loading a level can currently cause Windows to report that the application is no longer responding. Just wait for a short time.
- Too high settings for vegetation, reflection (on) is currently only recommended with very strong computers. We will continue to optimize these options to further improve overall performance.
- There may be a short stutter, this happens due to an error in the pathfinding system. In addition, Autosave is still very resource-hungry and there is a short reduction in FPS for buildings and city placement.
New map: Kariba
This time in tropical setting, with different temperature conditions.
New feature: Barbarians
Larger tribes can give you an additional threat to the Civilized Empires.
This feature can be turned off before the game starts.
- Units revision. New look of your units, new animations and a new ship model.
Choose your own flag from various options that present your units in the game.
New vegetation system
With this system we could make many improvements to the flora and create much denser vegetation.
- History has been changed in "Game overview" and includes 3 different types of victory conditions and the display of the current highscore.
- The Victory screen has been redesigned and put into its own scene.
- The victory must now be claimed and no longer happens automatically. (In game overview)
Now you can continue to play as long as you want.
- The day is longer now, so you shouldn't be in the dark half the time.
- Highscore calculation has been completely revised and points are now distributed daily.
- Conquest options: When a city has been defeated, the player now has 4 options to choose from (conquer, plunder, destroy, spare).
AI Empires will always conquer other Empires and loot barbarians.
- Setting: New options: Borderless Window, VSync, vegetation details
- Setting (change): Complex water became water reflections. Costs performance, so switch off on slow computers.
- Revision of the pathing calculation of units.
- An attack can now cause the building to be destroyed.
- Help and first steps updated.
- Much denser, more realistic vegetation added for all maps. Further optimizations follow.
- Other small graphical adjustments.
- Building pooling. (performance)
- New shader for snow and frost.
- Various performance improvements for cities, units and buildings.
- Display optimizations for cities and units in order to improve performance, especially with increasing numbers in the later game.
- Daily calculations have been greatly optimized to ensure better performance.
- Terrain manipulation of new buildings has been further optimized. Still work todo on that.
- Many more performance optimizations in the code.
- Many code adjustments and extensions for upcoming features.
- Weather status should now be saved.
- Various bugs fixed.