The first update for Rogue Rocks is here! This update mainly focuses on balance, while also adding new hard mode ships and unlocking the basic ship types by default.
- All three basic ship types are now unlocked by default
- Three new unlockable "X" type ships (hard modes) have been added
- Hard mode reduces health, increases sectors to center, speeds up asteroids, and more!
- The three basic ship types now all have different starting health values
- Metal cost to reach the next sector has been reduced across the board
- Metal cost for the first sector reduced, making it quicker
- Time until mines arrive reduced, making them a bit more threatening
- Engine upgrades improved (visuals also tweaked to make it easier to recognize)
- Reaching the teleporter now heals 1 ship
- Reduced sectors until galactic center reached to 6 (8 in hard mode)
- Smoothed out asteroid speeds
- Stealth asteroids visibility slightly improved, also breaks up into smaller/less frustrating chunks
- Map reveal radius around player increased
- Player hitbox size reduced
- Game now pauses when the window loses focus
- Level transitions have been polished
- Mines stop spawning when the player is dead
Let me know what you think, and thanks for playing!