We're back! The past week has been dedicated primarily to adding new content behind the scenes for Mischief, as well as preparing for localization into other languages.
Mischief has been coming along great so far, and we're constantly iterating over her design and playtesting to make sure she's as fun and unique as Bruno and Greybeard. Mischief starts off with an interesting perk called 'Riff-raff' which reads "-1 Base attack. When you attack an enemy that's alone in its row, gain [Stealth]". Stealth is a new keyword that reads 'Your next attack has [Blitz] and does +2 damage (+3 if you have a weapon". The result is that Mischief cares a lot about the positioning of enemies. She's weak on her own with a base attack of just 1 damage, but she can easily pick off enemies that are alone in their row. She also has abilities like Knockout which allow you to shuffle an enemy back into the deck - useful when there are 2 enemies in a row and you need to isolate an enemy so that you can gain Stealth.
We'll continue to iterate on Mischief over the next several weeks as we prepare to release her. The current plan is that once she feels like she's in a good place, we'll put her on the Beta branch and gather feedback from players before moving her to the main branch. I'm super excited to introduce her to everyone!
- Added tile tooltips when mousing over tiles in the deck view
- Fixed a softlock when adding a 5th non-replaceable (eg: Doom, Stoopid) to the player's inventory
- Poisoned enemies that were shuffled into the deck would cause softlock when the game was resumed
- Fixed a softlock in the Bramble's Arena stage that could occur if the player had the Vampire perk
- Fixed a softlock that occurred when Perfect Storm fell from the top row to the bottom row (eg: after using AOE)
- Fixed an issue where Frostbite Charm didn't remove the 'protection' effect from adjacent enemies after during a Royal Guard into a skeleton
- Enemies protected by Royal Guard no longer show 'Can't target this enemy' error when targeted them with abilities
- Fixed an issue where the NG+ modifier "+Monster Max HP" would apply more tahn once in some cases
- Fixed an issue where strings with quotation marks had too many rotations
- Fixed an issue where Nukromancers didn't properly show armor on the 'Next Dungeon preview'
- Fixed various text / description issues