Big update today! This one took quite a bit of time.
I probably should have separated the features in multiple little updates… but now that we’re here, let’s see what it’s all about!
The biggest change is that the game now procedurally generates multiple possible paths to get to the arenas. You can choose which rooms you want to go with the help of a newly created map system.
For those who have finished the game, there is now new content to beat! This update introduces the Danger levels, which are basically new levels of difficulties.
Note that you’ll have to finish a full run at Danger level 0 before unlocking the next Danger level for that character, even if you have finished a full run before.
Beating Danger levels will unlock new Traits, which are also a new addition - you get one random trait everytime you start a run.
The last big change I’ll talk about is the new Event room type. They’re inhabited by cute NPCs with whom you’ll be able to interact to get specific bonuses and effects.
I also have a pretty clear idea about what the next updates might be about. That includes (in no specific order):
- Redoing the enemies AI to allow more diversity in their behavior and adding new enemies.
- Adding a ton of new rooms, traits and perks to differentiate the runs from each other.
- New items that’ll allow more sophisticated and exotic builds to be viable.
- Adding mini bosses and more challenging optional rooms between arenas.
- Adding sub zones that’ll allow you to go through a different biome to get the boss of the zone.
- And more!
Anyway, I’ll leave it at that for now. Thank you for reading!
- The structure of the rooms and the zones has been changed. You now advance in a real procedurally generated world.
- Added Danger Levels which are higher difficulties that become available once you finish a full run.
- Added 8 Event rooms in which you’ll meet NPCs or other artefacts that’ll give you specific bonuses.
- You now have the option to start out with a random trait chosen from a pool of traits.
- 25 new items, traits and perks have been added (some locked behind challenges).
- 11 new challenges and achievements have been added.
- You can now see the minimap on the top right corner of the screen and a zoomed map by pressing TAB on a keyboard or LB on a gamepad by default.
- Fixed a bug where the “Minimalist” challenge wouldn’t unlock when using a character that has starting gear.
- The tutorial has been updated.
- Challenge rooms can no longer appear before the first arena.
- The chance of finding fruits in destructibles has been reduced.
- Enemies can no longer drop items if you don’t have the Backpack item.
- The Backpack item effects have been updated.
- The “Extra Batteries” Perk no longer gives out Max Energy and the stun effect can only be applied once per enemy (including bosses).
- The “Miner’s Helmet” Perk now gives less chance of finding items in destructibles.
- Icons on signposts have been updated.
- The ingame UI has been updated.
- Items now give out less Max HP overall.
- Babouk can no longer lose more than 1 HP at a time from any incoming source of damage.
- Added the new “Challenge Help” setting in the Gameplay tab to show icons that’ll get disabled when you’ve picked up an item or used an ability. (useful to complete some challenges)
- Added the option to disable the minimap in the “Video” tab.
- Added an icon in the inventory to indicate when you’re in a full run.
- Hard and medium rooms now appear a bit more often.
- Fixed the value displayed in the inventory when you have more HP than your HP cap.
- Stunning an enemy now resets their attack cooldown.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash when using Chipset Overcharge with Voubi if you had atleast one clone.
- Fixed a bug where clicking “Retry” didn’t reinitialize whether or not the player had used an ability this run and therefore didn’t unlock the achievement.
- Fixed some bugs related to the “Optimize Coins” setting.
- Fixed the position of Voubi’s clones icons in some resolutions when using the “Icons” HUD style.
- Fixed a little displaying bug in the HUD when you had too much armor.
- Fixed some displaying bugs in the background in some rooms.