Last update of the year 2019 is live now.
In addition to fistful of bugfixes there's also a small bag of new features of which some are long-awaited and suggested improvements. Enjoy!
Version 3.61 changelog - with some screenshots
Saved characters from previous versions (3.40 ->) are compatible with this version.
- added: companions can help you with hauling and pushing items
Unoccupied companions spontaneously help you when pushing or hauling heavy loads is being proceeded.
- added: fence gate
Gates can be [o]pened and [c]losed just like doors. They can be also built by player character from [M]ake menu under **uilding options.
Screenshot from version 3.61.
This settler is happy to finally be able to add gates to his fence. There are two gates to be seen in half-constructed pen.
[b] - added: when [C]ommanding animals the animal name is displayed in the menu title**
For example, if you would command a dog called Rekku the menu title appear as:
"ANIMAL COMMANDS: REKKU"
This helps owners of multiple animals to be sure they chose to command the desired one.
- added: target selection if multiple creatures occupy the same location where an action is to be done
If there are multiple creatures at the location where you proceed to execute certain actions
you will be asked to select the target creature. This applies to following actions:
- melee attack
- packing and unpacking animals
- looking at the location
- added: limping and animal size tracking information
When examining tracks now you can also see if the creature is limping. This requires character's TRACKING skill to be 25% or more. Severity of the actual leg injury can't be interpreted so crippled animals also leave limping tracks.
Animal size, big or small, can be also seen from their tracks now. This is so obvious that only absolutely untrained trackers will fail to notice it.
Moreover, the actual track graphics are also shown smaller or larger depending on the creature size. Notice that as the young animals smaller in size their tracks pretty much always appear as small ones.
The new information is displayed in tracking messages for example like this:
"You see here fresh limping tracks of small elk..."
Screenshot from version 3.61.
A flock of forest reindeers have escaped from the hunter. There's bunch of tracks to be seen, and now we really want find out where did the crippled one go.
- added: tree in front of the character automatically selected when cutting branches
You don't have to specify a direction for cutting and peeling actions if there's a tree in
front the character you. That tree is always automatically selected for these actions.
- added: chat option to ask for a sage in the village
When chatting with NPCs there's now a way to find out ask if there's a sage in the village. "Is there a sage around?" chat line can be found from "Ask for help/company" chat options. If there's a sage you will be told his whereabouts in the village.
- changed: need for heated room, fireplace or fire are checked first in cookery recipes
It's more convenient that way as you aren't bothered with meaningless ingredient selections if these requirements aren't met.
- fixed: failed hideworking with "somebody else got the skin" message diplayed and no skin obtained
This rare occurrence might happen if the hideworking got cancelled at the very last minute of the hideworking process.
- fixed: agriculture graphics representing a planted tile disappearing soon after planting certain crops
This was a result of crops mistakenly entering wintering state if the planting was done early enough, and thus the planted graphics was removed. They still sprouted properly though.
- fixed: wrong inventory weight with certain startup scenarios
When starting a new character the inventory weight was displayed wrong until you made your first move.
- fixed: gaining skill options during character creation by hovering over encyclopedia hotspot
- fixed: wrong tying equipment requirements when making patches of items
This was noted eg. when making arrows. Crafting multiple arrows mistakenly increased both tying equipment length and amount requirements.
- fixed: pushing duplicates items
The issue was related to ice breaking messing up item data while pushing action was proceeded.
- typo corrected: "coffing" -> "coughing" in herb effects dialog