As the year draws to a close, and just in time for Christmas, we’ve added some exciting new content to Rebel Inc: Escalation. You’re in for a real challenge with the Mega-Brutal update!
New Difficulty: Mega-Brutal
For those that think Brutal is Casual, we’ve added an entirely new difficulty to sink your teeth into. Mega-Brutal adds new local concerns around road quality and security, lets insurgents lash out in desperation and adds depth to peace negotiations. It’s important to note that Mega-Brutal will not change the mechanics of the game or affect how you unlock new maps and governors. It only adds an extra challenge for those that want it.
New Minimap Features
If Mega-Brutal isn’t your cup of tea, then don’t worry, we’ve still got a Christmas present for you! For perfecting your strategic play, we’ve introduced an entirely new way to utilize the minimap. Now you can access the following data from the Region screen:
- Zone Details (zone status and zone names)
- Insurgent Activity (security percentage, number of insurgent takeovers and insurgent strength)
- Population Percentage (zone population percentages, zone total populations)
- Accessibility (zone terrain type, zone road type accessibility percentage, ease of traveling through a zone)
- Road Level (road type based shading)
- Terrain (terrain type based shading)
New Language: Turkish
For our Turkish speaking players, we are happy to announce that Rebel Inc: Escalation is now localised in your language!
On top of this, we’ve made a few other tweaks and changes, details of which you can find below.
Good luck and happy holidays,
- Mega-Brutal difficulty added
- Turkish language added
- New minimap features added
- Resolution now only displays resolutions that fit the monitor and shows the aspect ratio
- Resolved issue with player being able to break tutorials
- Fixed issue with scroll views not working
- Fixed bug on ZoneOverview screen, zone initiative progress bars not displaying correct values/resetting correctly when cycling between zones
- Fixed "clunky/laggy" scroll box on ZoneOverview screen
- Fixed bizarre issue where seemingly random German strings would appear on the zone overview screen
- New resolutions 3840x1080 and 1280x1024
- Improved widescreen resolution support
- Fixed issue with rebels walking out of a zone on Distant Steppe
- Tooltips now show the correct tooltip when hovering over multiple things. E.g. when a soldier is placed on top of HQ, the tooltip shown will now be for the soldier
- Save screen no longer shows reputation as a percentage
- Scrolling to select maps and governors is now less sensitive
- Added navigation hotkeys to leader board screen
- Fixed missing localisation for TV news channel decision