More polishing this update as we try to get to a more intuitive polished game.
Huge changes to the temperature system.
In prior updates the temperature system was very wonky. It took an incredibility long time to have a place cool down and a fire would heat up your whole camp to very high temperatures. As well weird situations like there being random points of heat/cold trapped in rocks/trees are fixed. We have heavily changed the system to be a lot more balanced and it should be a lot friendlier to keep things the correct temperature now.
As with the past couple of updates, we have a ton of small improvements. Such as, building floors on already existing floors won't make jobs for building over the old ones if they are the same type of floor.
Another largish change is to Job priorities. Survivors in past updates were not respecting the priorities of jobs 100% of the time when priorities got shifted around a lot. This has been resolved and survivors now respect the current job priorities 100% of the time.
Lastly we have added Information hovers on survivors and animals. We want to make it clearer to you guys what your survivors are feeling and doing. This is the first of many steps to help bring that information forward.
Thanks as usual for all the support and feedback. Let us know how we are doing. See you next week.
Full(ish) Patch notes below
- Added info displays for survivors and animals.
- Added ability to edit Survivor names in game
- Changed right click menu to be closed with esc key
- Changed jobs queued by the autopickup to be killed if that item is turned off
- Changed the camera to not be allowed to go far away from the map
- Fixed bug when clicking notifications that would also trigger a mouse select
- Fixed not being able to click on the bottom left when the menu is open
- Fixed some Freaking sweet engine related bugs
- Fixed Job priories not re-ordering as often as they should.
- Fixed Heaters not actually heating
- Fixed bug with waste zones not accepting change