The SteamVR beta has been updated with the following changes.
If you encounter issues with this update, please post in the SteamVR Bug Report forum. If possible, please include a system report to aid in tracking down your issue. Replies to this post are not tracked for bug reporting purposes. Please use the forum linked above to report issues.
SteamVR Settings Beta
- Most settings have been ported to a new user interface
- Most settings now available on both the desktop, and in-headset.
The new SteamVR settings are still a work in progress.
- Improved audio mirroring latency and fixed some cases where the mirror could accumulate a large delay.
- Skip “Advanced Supersampling Filtering” for systems which use their own compositor (e.g. WMR, Oculus). This should fix blurriness reported by WMR users.
- Fixed some memory leaks when VR_Init is called repeatedly in long-running applications.
- All windows now group together under one icon in the Windows taskbar.
- Added haptic bumps with moving on or off of buttons on the dashboard controls.
- Added support for haptic bumps when moving around on the keyboard.
- Minor appearance tweaks.
- Fixed a variety of crashes in vrdashboard.exe
SteamVR Desktop View
- Improved multi-monitor desktop support (Windows 10 only)
- Improved cursor rendering (Windows 10 only)
- For games using legacy input: When fetching default bindings, prefer partner site explicit defaults instead of generic legacy defaults
- When switching bindings, SteamVR now records the previously selected binding in a setting.
- Action Sets with a higher priority will now correctly override sets with a lower priority.
- Recent games list in top level controller configuration menu now shows most recent game instead of starting with second most recent game.
Index HMD Firmware
- Max brightness extended to 140
- Framerate can be changed without restarting (NVIDIA driver version >441 required)