Greetings, the inhabitants of our little forest! Another week, another update.
The goal of this update was a global rebalance and redesign of cards. Great emphasis is placed on strengthening cards that give gold and cause damage. This required a change in the mechanics of gold in the game and the Merchant on the map of the region.
We also added new foes for the northern region. And did a first iteration on the balance of foes and their abilities.
Strongly recommended to start a new campaign =)
Changes in version 0.131.
- Progress. Gold is moved to the local progress of the region.
- Map of the region. Merchant behavior changed. Now you can always return to the Merchant as many times as you want. The merchant always sells 2 regular and 2 rare cards. Now any card from the game may appear at the Merchant’s shop, even if you have not unlocked it yet.
- Region map. Minor changes in 4 routes, due to changes in the Merchant.
- Region map. Major changes for the route of the central region.
- Cards. Completely removed Embrace / Find cards. Instead, we added 12 new cards.
- Cards. Added new mechanic for interrupting opponent's abilities. Interrupt only work in simple and hard battles. The abilities of the Barons and the King cannot be interrupted.
- Cards. Added new mechanic for activating the abilities of the card when it is discarded from the hand. The mechanic is presented in two variations.
- Cards. More than half of the cards have undergone changes in abilities, cost, or activation combos. Added more combo effects in the game, more synergy of different cards.
- Cards. The Stun ability no longer works on Barons and King.
- Cards. The logic for calculating the Hero Power bonus has changed. Now the bonus is added to the final damage of the card, after all calculations. It was originally designed that way, otherwise the cards dealing X damage per Y parameter became excessively strong.
- Cards. Payback card ability now takes into account cards in the deck, discard, and hand.
- Cards. The “Dispose” card ability has been reworked. Now the selected card is never returned to the player’s deck. At the same time, the “Dispose” card became single use.
- Cards. Some cards have been renamed.
- Cards. A new Heroic card “Legacy” has been added.
- Foes. Updated appearance of the Cat. State animations added.
- Foes. Added 6 new foes for the northern region.
- Foes. 5 foes in the western region will no longer appear in the northern region.
- Battle scene. General graphics improvements.
- Battle scene. Added an indicator about the possibility of converting the card into energy during the turn.
- Region map. Updated site points icons.
- Region map. Updated hero token. Now it is much easier to find with a short glance.
- Cards selection window. Replaced the “Continue” button with the “Skip” button. Many players did not understand that if you click this button, no map will be selected.
- Map selection window. A clarification has been added for what purpose map selection occurs.
- Cards selection window. Added the ability to hide the selection zone in order to check out the opponents and cards in hand.
- Merchant. Battle end window. Labels for cards rarity are added.
- Main menu. A notification has been added with a recommendation to start a new campaign in case of a large update.
- Fixed a bug allowing to escape from a battle with the Baron using a ninja scroll.
- Fixed a bug where the card should do 0 damage, but it still receive Power bonuses. The Power bonus should only be added if the card is capable of causing damage.
- Fixed bug of stuck tooltip of foe ability.
- Fixed a crash bug when clicking on the tutorial button in the settings at the first start of the game.
- Fixed image size of some cards.
- Fixed minor typos in text
What to expect in the following weekly updates:
- New trailer for the game. The game has changed a lot over the past few weeks. We did a lot of work, but this is not visible to potential new players =)
- I’m going to work on finalizing the opponents. Review their stats and behavior. The goal is to achieve better interactivity and personality. Especially for the Barons and the King.
- Alexander is working on new opponents for the northern and central regions, new combat locations
- Redesign of item behavior. There is an idea to make rare items add specific cards to the player’s deck when item is equipped and remove them accordingly. This will emphasize the uniqueness of rare items and give the player more control over the deckbuilding.
- Difficulty levels.
- Improving the leveling system. There is an idea to give the player at certain levels opportunity to replace 1 card from the starting deck slots with 1 of 3-4 cards from a fixed and fairly large pool of cards. This will allow the player to experience the character’s development as the campaign progresses and give him more personality.