Today we have another update that includes loads of balance improvements for escapes and feeding as well as new Piximals!
Thank you to everyone who responded to our survey in the last update - you can still submit feedback if you haven't yet. For our next update we plan to add zoo assistants to the game - which is a major game play addition, so stay tuned.
As for this release, please see the details of changes below.
- Komodo Dragon unlocks at Level 6 fame
- Koala unlocks at Rank A mastery of the Emu
- New achievements for mastery for the Koala and Komodo Dragon
- Steel fences unlock after the second zoo expansion (current end of story). Steel can be bought from the supplies store after this point.
- Steel fences don't take damage every day
- Pixamals cannot escape from steel fenced enclosures
- Stone fences have new sprites on the map. Steel fences use the old sprites for stone.
Balance Improvements to Pixamal Escapes and Hunger
- Pixamal Escapes can only happen once per day
- Fences take less damage every day (1 per day for fibre, 1 every second day for wood, and 1 every sixth day for stone)
- The odds of a Pixamal escape are significantly reduced. Escapes are more aligned to having fence damage and unhappy Pixamals. The base chance of an escape without these has been removed.
- During a Pixamal Escape, destroyed fences only take 1 click to completely repair them
- Hungry Pixamals are capped at half the total number of enclosed Pixamals. This means you will never be in a position where the whole zoo is hungry on the same day. Pixamals who were fed the longest time ago will become hungry first when deciding which Pixamals become hungry.
- Pixamals will become hungry progressively through the first hours of the day, rather than all at the start of the day. Hungry Pixamals from the previous day are still hungry at the beginning of the next day.
- Weighing food in the kitchen is a little faster than before, cutting down the time to feed Pixamals.
- Opening a modal from the management screen will unselect a Pixamal or enclosure if it was selected.
- A new food type, leaves, has been added to the kitchen
- The Giraffe now eats leaves instead of vegetables
We look forward to hearing more feedback from the community and continuing to improve Pixamal Zoo! Please submit feedback on Discord or on our Steam community page.
If you like Pixamal Zoo, we would appreciate it very much if you could leave us a review on Steam.
Thanks for the support,