It's been quite a while since last update but we haven't been idle. We were working hard on getting Career Mode ready and we're now happy with the current state of that game mode and have finally decided to release it officially! But this update not only has the new Career Mode, it has a lot of other new stuff.
Here you have a list of the most important ones:
- Career Mode: A whole new single player game mode where you have to play through a bunch of cups to unlock new cups, vehicles and paintjobs. When you unlock new vehicles they become available for purchase and once you buy them you still have to upgrade them to make the most of them. Most cups have also vehicle restrictions meaning you can only access them with certain type of vehicles. In single player all vehicles are always available, but only the paintjobs you have unlocked in career mode are selectable.
- New Paintjobs: We've included over 200 new color variations and completely new liveries for the cars in the game. They are very varied, from police car liveries, to camouflage, to post-apocalyptic costumes, etc. Every car has, at least, one completely new livery with most having 2, and a bunch of color variations that you have to unlock in career mode.
- 2 New levels: We've added 2 new tracks, one placed in the nursery environment but with new interactive objects (moving toy trains, spinning tops) and the other one in the American Diner in a part we hadn't visited in the first tracks.
- Some handling improvements: We've been working on the collisions and the handling of the vehicle. We've tried to make the vehicle easier to handle, more predictable and also we've done our best to make collisions against walls as little punishing as possible. We've also done some minor work on the camera trying to avoid it spinning wildly when crashing. This work is still in progress.
- Other minor optimizations and bugfixes: The menus have been improved in visual quality trying to get them to look more crispy and detailed while also trying to improve performance. Some other minor bugfixes have been addressed too.
As usual we're really keen to listen from you. What do you think of the new Career Mode? Do you like the new liveries? And the new levels? Is the new handling an improvement over what we had? What do you think of the progress of the game? Comment on this or anything else in the forums. We do our best to answer every post personally ASAP.