Thank you for the feedback you sent us following the release of Psych Ward: Warden’s Edition and the biggest free update so far, The Sneezer.
We are delighted in seeing how many of you are enjoying the new content, and we are addressing many of the issues you reported since the release with this hotfix. We really appreciate all your reports, and we constantly monitor the ongoing conversations to understand how to address your concerns.
In order to facilitate this process, we are creating a sub-forum on the Steam discussion board dedicated to technical issues reporting. While we might not answer to every thread, we are reading what you write!
Finally, we’ve been observing some players reporting crashes of which we believe many are related to the use of outdated mods. As we introduce new content and additional art/sprites, it is feasible that mods with scripts that are not up to date with the current game’s architecture may cause issues. We are working closely with our active modders before releasing an update to avoid these issues as much as possible.
In case you are experiencing these issues, you will find a short guide on how to disable mods at the bottom of the post. A more extensive guide written by Murgh, a member of the Prison Architect community, can be found here.
- The Main Menu update notes are now localized in all languages.
- Various Localization and Typo fixes
- The Fog of War darkness was reverted to its original state.
- Orderlies will now take breaks when Staff Needs is active.
- Fixed an issue where Inmates could turn insane for players that do not own the Psych Ward: Warden’s Edition expansion.
- Issue fixed where setting the intake to Num Per Day or Total Prisoners was not offering the player Criminally Insane prisoners.
- Issue fixed where Criminally Insane gauges were appearing under the prisoners when crossing a bridge.
- Issue fixed where excess text and functionality were displaying in the Room Grading feature.
- Issue fixed where changing the screen resolution via the Paradox Launcher wasn’t being reflected accurately in-game
- Issue fixed related to resolution when using multiple monitors.
- Issues fixed where the Psychiatrist Quick Room walls were not built correctly.
- Issue fixed in Planning mode, where pathways and outdoor objects were not being saved.
- Issue fixed where deleting a wall would leave a foundation in Planning Mode.
- Issue fixed where Programs could not be run during Work/Lockup Regime periods.
- Issue fixed where ‘New’ Star icon was not being removed from menus.
- Issue fixed where the number of Gravestone objects was being limited to five.
- Issue fixed where Small ironing boards were not being used to iron clothes.
- Multiplayer: Issue fixed where the Client and Host could not see each other’s planning.
- Issue fixed where Staff were not using Oak benches and Oak Tables.
- Issue fixed where the Remote Door didn’t have dump or dismantle option.
- Issue fixed where the Visitor doors were opening the wrong way
- Issues fixed where a crash could occur when outdated mods were active, using older referenced sprites.
- Issue fixed when copying a room over itself, where workers will get stuck in a loop
- Improved the display of overlapping contraband icons in the ‘Intelligence’ context, when rooms are close together
- The mail system is now improved. This should prevent Mail from building up endlessly on older savegames.
- Watching a cutscene from the menu will no longer cause a freeze..
- Crash fix that could occur when loading Escape Mode.
- The walk speed tile for Grass Corner matches the speed of Grass flooring.
- Improved various new art assets that were presenting a thin white halo around them.
Help, my game crashes since the last update!
If you are experiencing a crash while starting the game or when loading a prison we highly recommend disabling all your mods. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Turn off all mods in the game’s Main Menu > Extras > Mods menu.
- Unsubscribe and Deactivate Mods via the Steam client
- Check your mods folder and remove them manually: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Introversion\Prison Architect\mods
You can also check the mods page of any mods you have installed to see when they were last updated.
If you still experience game crashes after doing that, please reach out to us at https://support.paradoxplaza.com/.