Launch week has been a rollercoaster. On the one hand, we got some great coverage on YouTube and some players who really enjoyed the game (thank you very much)! On the other hand... we received far, far more bug reports than expected, throwing us into a feverish marathon to patch up everything we could replicate.
For the bugs that some of you experienced—we apologize. Really. We feel awful that some people's games were seriously affected.
So here's where we are, and what we plan to do going forward.
Our best source of bug reports has been the Community tab, where we have an open discussion on bugs. From this thread, we were able to isolate and fix multiple issues:
- The player creature respawning and beginning to walk without input.
- The player creature getting stuck in attack animation states.
- The player not being able to pick up dropped creature and boss DNA (in case it's in a weird position, you can now pick it up while jumping).
- Lots of bugs with the already infamous desert boss, Rosa. Not only is this boss fight wickedly hard, it also popped up multiple issues including boss drops that couldn't be picked up, sometimes not ending when all the boss's components are killed, and not reappearing when the player died simultaneously with the boss. So far as we know -- fingers crossed -- Rosa should be operating smoothly now. (We also reduced her damage output a bit!)
- A few platforms were missing their colliders.
- Incompatible combinations of body parts (this fix is ongoing... there are a lot of combinations).
- Issues with localized (Russian, German and French) versions of the game.
In addition to these fixes, we've also made some changes that players requested, such as preferentially equipping your best ranged attack if one is available.
So what's left to do? There are three bugs that are, for various reasons, very difficult for us to replicate and fix, so these are still in the works:
- Camera becoming detached from the player. This really sucks! But, it seems to happen quite rarely. We're still chasing down exactly why it happens (something weird likely happens in the evolve UI).
- Crash bugs, which none of us (or our testers) have encountered at all. If we can't see the bug in action, we can't fix it. So in case you encounter this bug, we hope you'll let us know exactly when and where it happened.
- The player no longer being able to eat meat and plants. This is a weird one, also pretty rare. We're working on it.
- And a minimap addition to the Travel shrines is in the works!
In conclusion—we've fixed many bugs, which should hopefully result in a smoother experience for most players. The remaining major bugs are in the process of being hunted down, and every new report from our players is extremely valuable in this process.
Thanks for playing, and happy evolving!