The new Elemental War update 1.2.2 adds again some new Quality of Life improvemens, small performance improvements and bugfixes.
I always was a little annoyed that I had to open the minimap and inventory again for every game even though I keep them open for the whole time anyway. Now we finally added a persistence layer there to automatically open them again if they were open in the last run.
It's also possible now to link your Steam account with your Clockwork Origins account. That means when you switch PCs and use the same Steam account, you will automatically log into the game on your second machine. This also works for our other games in the future.
Regarding the performance improvements we could slightly reduce the CPU usage for most moveable stuff. That affect e.g. movable parts of towers (like gears and pumps), the gold earned hints and even the monster healthbars above their heads. It's not a huge boost, but a nice small improvement.
- quest button now is hidden when no more quests are available
- inventory state (opened/closed) now is carried into next game
- minimap state (opened/closed) now is carried into next game
- added platform to players in lobby
- Steam account now can be linked to Clockwork account
- slightly improved CPU performance
- fixed players not being able to join multiplayer challenge lobbies
- fixed bug that caused achievements to be unlocked again for every game start when playing non Steam version
- fixed Shrine tower affecting the limit of Acid tower status
- fixed potential bug in multiplayer regarding status changes
- selling multiple towers at once now properly deselects all of them
- sold towers can't be upgraded anymore
If you have any balancing concerns or bugs, please let us know, either as comment, in the discussions, via the Feedback functionality ingame or on Discord.