Update 26 is here! In this second part of the Endgame, we’ve added a brand new system of Machine Events to encounter during normal missions, a much needed overhaul and expansion of the Bar, all new Victory Moves, as well as skins for both Bosco and your weapons, plus an absolute ton of minor bug fixes, tweaks, and improvements. Let’s get to work!
--- PATCH NOTES ---
- Deep Rock Galactic is developing strategic operations all around the planet. The company is worried about some strange mutations affecting the creatures of Hoxxes as well as peculiar crystals interfering with scanners and other devices in orbit. To eradicate the threat or simply to take samples, these operations require expert dwarven action to be finalized. If you stumble upon one, give it a go and hope that the reward is worth the risk!
Three different Machine Events can be found in random missions: Kursite Infection, Rock Mutation, and Tritilyte Crystal. Each of them offers a different timed challenge that must be completed in order to get access to the Core Infuser where Blank Matrix Cores can be used.
- To activate a Machine Event, the player must own the Tritilyte Key. You will own a Tritilyte key if you have a Promoted dwarf.
BLANK MATRIX CORES
- Blank Matrix Cores are part of the rewards for Deep Dives and the Core Hunt assignment. The first section of both Deep Dives will now reward Blank Matrix Cores instead of Mineral Container Cores. They can be infused by doing Machine Events, turning them into Overclock or Cosmetic Matrix Cores that can be used in the Forge.
BAR & BEER OVERHAUL
- New buff beers with effects in mission added to the “Today’s Special” pool
- A ton of new craftable gag beers to unlock. The effects of these beers will only work in the Space Rig. Management prefers to separate business and pleasure!
- New pricing for the beers based on new ingredients found in caves: Barley Bulb, Yeast Cone, Malt Star, and Starch Nut.
- New Milestone for unlocking Craftable Beers
- You can now choose a look for Bosco. For now, there are two new Bosco Skins that will unlock through Mastery: Cyber Ninja and War Veteran
- All classes start out with four default Victory Moves that will be played during the Mission Complete screen after a successful mission. Players can equip their favorite move in the Employee Wardrobe.
- 18 new unique Victory Moves have been added for players to unlock. Some can be found as rewards in Cargo Crates while others will be obtained as forgeable Cosmetic Matrix Cores (from Deep Dives and Machine Events).
NEW WEAPON SKIN
- One new set of weapon skins, Neon Band, has been added to cargo crate rewards
WEAPON, MODS, OVERCLOCKS BALANCE
The purpose of this overhaul is to support a gameplay style in which both fire modes (hipfire and focus shots) are viable and offer the player interesting choices and to make future balancing of the two fire-modes easier.
M1000 Classic Base Tweaks
- Increased base ammo
- Increased base clip size
- Decreased base damage
- Decreased base rate of fire
- Increased base focus-shot damage bonus to 100%
- Focus-shots now consume 2 bullets
- Base armor damage reduced
- Added a base weakspot damage bonus
M1000 Classic Mod Tweaks
- Removed the Tier 3 High Velocity Rounds Damage mod
- Combined the two clip-size mods into one big one on tier 2
- Extended base reload time
- Decreased the spread per shot and increased the speed of spread recovery to make hip-shooting more viable
- Floating barrel mod is now called Better Weight Balance which affects both spread-per-shot and recoil
- Increased the Expanded Ammo Bags mod
- Decreased Hollow-point Bullets mod bonus
- Increased Kinetic Energy Penetrator bonus and renamed it to Hardened Rounds for clarity
- Added Killing Machine mod to tier 5 that grants a very fast reload right after killing an enemy
- Anyone who purchased the two removed mods will be automatically refunded the credits and minerals spent.
Mods have been rearranged to offer more varied build options.
- Increased the speed with which the flame extends so less ammo is spent when shooting targets at range
- Improved the damage of sticky flames
- Improved the speed with which enemies heat up when going through sticky flames
- Rearranged many of the mods to make sticky flame builds more viable
- Removed the Sticky Heat and Sticky Damage mods
- Improved the two Sticky Duration mods
- Changed the Flamethrower stat display in the equipment terminal to work like the Cryo Cannon
- Changed the Fuel Stream Diffuser OC penalty from lower damage to a slower rate of fire to offset the inherent ammo penalties from using the flamethrower at long range
- Tweaked Experimental Plasma Charger Overclock: Heavy Hitter - Increased the damage bonus significantly
- Tweaked M1000 Classic Overclock: Electrocuting Focus Shot - Updated the text to reflect that weak point hits are no longer required for electrocution
- Tweaked Deepcore 40mm PGL Overclock: Hyper Propellant - Removed the ammo penalty
- Tweaked Subata I20 Overclock: Automatic Fire - Increased the fire rate bonus
- Added a Sticky Flame damage bonus to the Sticky Fuel OC and replaced the range penalty with an ammo penalty
- Fixed the stat display of Magnetic Pellet Alignment OC for the Warthog Auto 210 to correctly display its negative impact
- Macteras no longer change targets while charging up attacks
- Stun now cancels attacks from Mactera enemies
- New animation for stunned Mactera enemies
- Heavy enemies like Glyphid Praetorians are more resistant to stun
UI & HUD
- Enemies’ health bar can now display more than three status effects without cropping the icons
- Enemies’ health bar animation modified so the name disappears faster
- Added a new notification system for unlocking equipment and vanity to make new unlocks easier to spot in the Equipment Terminal and Employee Wardrobe
MISC. & FIXES
- [COMMUNITY REQUEST] Added physics to the hammer by the Forge so it can now be kicked around on the Space Rig.
- [COMMUNITY REQUEST] Due to popular demand, sound has been lowered a notch on the intro logo movie/splash screen
- [COMMUNITY REQUEST] Added physics to the Salvage Mission objectives so they now fall down when terrain beneath them is destroyed.
- Added an option for the Scout to automatically switch to the previously equipped item after using the Grappling Gun. Disabled by default, it can be activated from the options menu.
- Fixed the Satchel Charge so that the Detonator now shows in a closed-off state when the player is out of Satchel Charges.
- Added some blinking lights to the Satchel Charge when detonating
- Fixed a bug that caused Deepcore 40mm PGL modification “Proximity Trigger” to detonate on Bosco
- Fixed the reload animation of the Zhukov NUK17 reload animation so that the right-hand gun no longer randomly fails to eject the cartridge.
- Fixed a bug that caused excess mineral chunks to not always be picked up. The player now also automatically pick up excess mineral chunks while depositing in the M.U.L.E.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to lock up upon returning to the Space Rig after completing an assignment
- Fixed a spelling mistake in the Field Medic perk
- Disabled smoke from the Drop Pod when dropping into a mission
- Fixed the Forging Mastery Milestone being off by one in what you have to reach
- Fixed a bug that caused enemies to be frozen for a long time if near a weak heat source. This was most prevalent to the Glyphid Bulk Detonator on Point Extraction
- Picking up items now has animation and involves holding the use button.
- Passing out drunk now correctly increases your stat, not the hosts!
- Passing out drunk no longer increases the downed statistic.
- Fixed some bugs related to resupplying with the Satchel Charge
- Fixed a bug that causes the player to in certain cases, get a Mineral Container Core instead of a Matrix Core. (Requires having received a lot of Matrix Cores)
- Fixed a bug that caused the player to switch weapons after throwing a grenade
- Fixed a bug with the community rewards
- Players will no longer defrost slower while in a blizzard
- Added a short immunity to cold after being freed from ice to prevent players from becoming chain frozen consecutively
- Fixed a bug that prevented some grenades from being purchasable
- Charged up focused shots are no longer canceled when changing weapon
- CRSPR Flamethrower particles now switch correctly with range modifications and also look correct in third person
- Lethal Enemies warning mutator doesn't increase damage from projectiles anymore
- Fixed some cases of the notorious cube terrain artifacts
- Missions rewards now show scaled to hazard bonus in all UI
- Quick Join terminal has been removed since we consider the Mission Terminal more adequate to join and host missions.
- Fixed a bug that enabled the Drop Pod countdown in the Space Rig to be resettable by client
- Fixed Bouncy Plasma modification on the Experimental Plasma Charger not showing impact particles for clients
- Fixed Better Weight Balance modification not being properly shown in the crosshair after a restart
- Fixed Explosive Goodbye and There Can Only be One modifications for the Breach Cutter
- A mic icon is now displayed when local player is voice chatting
- Fixed a bug that caused the reload animation of the Zipline Gun going haywire in both first and third-person
- Minerals left in the pouch are now added at the end of the mission
- Fixed an exploit that caused waves not to trigger when alien eggs are dug out and deposited immediately after
- Added a Respawn Button to the Escape Menu in the Space Rig
- Magazines and fuel canisters are now skinned for the Deepcore GK2, Subata I20 and CRSPR Flamethrower to match the skin applied on the weapon.
- [COMMUNITY REQUEST] All Gantries on the Space Rig finally play footprint sounds!
- Fixed snowstorm effects
- New music added for Machine Events
- Fixed the color of the Gunner’s flare in the Equipment Terminal
- Switching back to the Satchel Charge after retrieving a deployed charge causes the player to switch to the Detonator fixed
- Fixed a bug that caused the modification refund alert window to be shown on first session
- Fixed the Designated Decoy achievement
- Fixed a bunch of barrel hoop game issues including the barrel count as well as the Error Log
- Fixed a bug with resource chunks sometimes dropping with way too much material