We’ve been doing a lot of cleanup work (across all platforms, but especially on iOS) as we prepare for launch. We are super-excited about how Rec Room is shaping up on iOS, and we hope you’ll be able to check it out! It will be available Soon(tm).
There’s a lot of stuff in this update, so strap in...
We tried shipping this once before and it... er... didn’t go well. We fixed a bunch more issues and we’re trying again!
- There's now a Logout button in Watch > Profile. This lets you log out and log in with a different account without quitting the app.
- Please note that logout is not currently supported on Oculus Rift or Oculus Quest. We hope to add support in the future.
- As part of this work, we also added a "Retry" button if login fails for any reason (e.g., network hiccup causes a login failure)
Turkey hat news:
- Coming soon - turkey hat!
General tweaks and improvements:
- Screens - screen players on all platforms can now draw on whiteboards! To do this, pick up a marker (or anything that makes a mark on a drawable surface) and walk up to a whiteboard (or sticky note, or art canvas, etc.).
- rec.net - you can now see who you’re subscribed to, and who is subscribed to you, on your rec.net profile page.
- Radio is now paused during new user flow (so you don’t hear two music tracks at once)
- Revised layout of merch booths in Rec Center, Paintball, etc.
- Updated "party up" VFX!
- Updated pick up glow for dropped objects (e.g., paintball guns)
- Tidied up presentation of Room Chat
- Improved contrast of player chat (so you can read it against dark backgrounds)
- Screens - Improved throwing objects... you should be able to make a basket in the Rec Center now!
- Screens - Improved holding objects... use inspect mode to adjust your grip!
- Screens - watch menu no longer clips through walls (well, much less often...)
- Screens - you can now properly throw wood planks in ^LostSkulls
Maker Pen stuff:
- Dramatically reduced “drifting” of shapes when creating in the same room together. We think it’s good now! Please tell us if you disagree.
- Improved behavior of Samplers in multiplayer rooms - players should be able to hear audio sampler playback both before uploading and after configuring/connecting it.
- Role Mapper chip - fixed roles "rotating" in the role mapper chip along with role mappers assigning the wrong roles.
- Maker Pen - the Paint Brush prop is now set to blue by default
- When you move respawnable props with the Maker Pen, the respawn position is now also updated.
- Improved UI flow for editing roles (it’s not good, but it’s better =])
- Clamped max distance (1,000,000+) on gizmos to sane limit to prevent weird behavior
- Animation Gizmo tweaks:
Fixed disconnect hang issue
Now supports “Physical” shape containers
Scrubbing through animations should no longer modify animation data
The “StopAtStart” config setting now works for looping animations
- Clarified wording/tooltips for Sticky and Decoration objects:
Decoration tooltip now explains that these objects aren't tracked by trigger zones
Sticky tooltip now explains that these objects will stick to other objects!
** Tooltip for object mode on trigger zones now explains that Decoration objects aren't tracked.
We’ve made a lot of improvements to our iOS build as we prepare for full launch on iOS:
- iOS - Rec Room now supports full duplex voice chat with echo cancellation (no longer need to tap mic icon to talk, etc). You can still toggle mic on/off with same button for privacy, etc.
- iOS - Many improvements to touch control layout, icons, etc.
- iOS - Made watch menu take up whole screen, and you can now tap “outside” the menu to close it
- iOS - We now support cut and paste in various keyboard fields
- iOS - Rooms will be auto-saved when app is backgrounded, so you don’t lose work if iOS kicks us out of memory!
- iOS - Added a control help screen in Watch > Settings > Help
- iOS - Disabled Rec Royale to reduce crashing on iOS devices :-(
- Fixed a bug where VR players could spawn outside their Dorm/fall out of rooms too easily. Sorry about that!
- Paintball - can no longer throw the flag through the ground on PS4/Quest
- Stunt Runner - you should now get a notification when you achieve a new personal best
- Laser Tag - pulled the plug on some overzealous robots that would keep fighting even though the game was over...
- Rec Royale - fixed floating in the air after teleporting off the glider
- Dodgeball - fixed an issue where the game could get into a weird state. (Yes, even weirder than usual)
- Soccer - fixed some broken textures
- Players standing on top of other respawning players should no longer respawn with them.
- Fixed an issue where you couldn't see your score on non-Stunt Runner leaderboards.
- Fixed an issue where players could sometimes switch teams when they weren't supposed to.
- Fixed an issue that could cause your hair to go missing when you loaded into the Dorm Room.
- Updated Rec Room logo in various places in the app, on recroom.com, and on Steam!
- Fixed bug where holohelpers would stop playing after opening the watch
Please see here for convenient links to controls, tutorials, comfort options, etc.: https://recroom.com/community
Thanks for playing Rec Room! As always, we love to hear your feedback, so please don’t hesitate to let us know what you think.