Hey again everybody, it’s been a minute! I don’t intend for there to be a 2-month-plus gap in updates in the near future, things just kinda worked out that way this time around. Anyways, without further ado, here’s what’s new:
Level Editor and Steam Workshop Beta
The long-awaited level editor and workshop support are finally here… in beta form! This early version is being released as a way to gather feedback and for players to add content to the workshop before it releases officially. Since this is an “unofficial” launch, you’ll need to do the following in order to enable the level editor and workshop beta:
- Join the the Streets of Rogue Workshop Beta group. This will allow you to see the Workshop content when you visit this link.
- Right-click Streets of Rogue in your Steam library. Go to Properties -> General -> Set Launch options, and enter “leveleditor”. This will allow you to use the level editor beta.
And that’s it! Check out this video for a quick overview of how the editor works.
The non-beta version of the editor should be coming in January if all goes well. Be sure to send me your feedback and start sharing your creations on the Workshop!
New playable character: Mobster
Shake down business owners for extra income in your pocket at the start of each level. Or just mug random people for their cash. Just remember to pay off the cops as well, or you’ll end up in a bunch of trouble!
- Level editor and workshop support beta
- Added Mobster achievement
Status Effects / Traits / Special Abilities
- Added Extortionist - You can extort business owners for extra cash by threatening them or roughing them up. Just remember not to kill them, or they can't pay!
- Added Corruption Costs - Pay off the Cops whenever money is owed, either directly or through ATM
- Added Mugger - Mug people for cash or important items. Also increases your general "threaten" abilities and allows you to talk to Annoyed people.
- Fix for Trust Funder giving the player money every time they joined a multiplayer game
- Fix for Blaster Survivor not triggering on explosions caused by Overclocked Generators
- Fixed a light brightness issue when lots of bodies were near each other
- Fix for hats being incorrectly positioned when over Cop Bot head
UI / Controls
- Fix for “Remove x disaster” text not appearing properly on Mutator Configuration interface
- Fix for Upper Cruster background not appearing green on character select
- When gamepad player hovers over empty custom character slot, text in stats window reads “Create Me!”
- Player no longer gets teleported slightly back sometimes when walking through destroyed walls
- Fix for cases where chat log would sometimes state the incorrect name for a character when a custom character was chosen
- Player can use Loadout Machine while Speed Run mutators are active
- Fix for multiple counters appearing over Generator when it is hit by multiple EMP Grenades
- Fix for Augmentation Booth's "swap trait" feature sometimes giving the player a trait that they could not use due to it requiring a special ability
- Chests no longer contain under $10
- Fix for cases where Memory Eraser would not work properly
- Fix for equipment such as Combat Helmet not giving status effects to Cop Bots
- Fix for Fireproof Suit armor not depleting when hit by things that aren't fire
- Fix for incorrect sounds sometimes playing when hitting with blade weapons
- Fix for cases where Neutralize All quests could work incorrectly during Ooze levels
- Slightly different Gorilla dialogue if he can speak due to having removed Vocally Challenged with the Augmentation Booth
- Added Mobster Big Quest
- Fix for extra imprisoned Gorillas not spawning on the first level for Gorilla quest
- Fixed a couple of instances where multiple beds appeared on top of one another
- Slight changes to how Power Boxes are placed
- Hiring NPCs costs less
- Fix for NPCs becoming hostile if the player hits them with a Dizzy/Teleport Grenades while invisible
- Fix for Cops not wandering properly if they are in a big open area
- When players with Fair Game who approach and interact with an NPC from behind, the NPC will turn toward the player, and likely run or attack
- Fixed a number of translation errors