Dear horror fans,
We had a wonderful launch day on Halloween, playing live with all of you and enjoying the scariest night of the year together. We are so happy to read all your positive comments about Song of Horror! The reception of the game has been great overall, and we want to thank all of you for your support, love, and feedback...
...That's why we are able to introduce today the first official update of Song of Horror! We've focused on improving and fixing several aspects of the game attending to your requests and petitions. You can take a look at everything we are adding to Song of Horror, including quality-of-life improvements, gameplay tweaks, audiovisual changes, and bug fixing:
- Fixed rare instance of lost characters appearing when they shouldn’t.
- Detecting danger when listening at doors should now be easier.
- Characters now utter a voice phrase on overcoming The Silence.
- Added missing startled character sounds when The Silence begins.
- Fixed several instances of The Silence happening where it shouldn’t, causing bizarre camera bugs & possible blocks.
- Heartbeat sound has been adjusted for clarity.
- Increased heartbeats’ successful timing range, with an even greater increase in M.R. James difficulty.
- Slightly increased the average time between shrieks.
- Politely asked The Presence to stop generating Darkness events in some very specific places where your way to a hiding spot would be blocked.
- Fixed some wrong texts belonging to Alina.
- Changed the sound you hear when listening to Saul’s room door to be more sinister and indicative of danger.
- Fixed some wrong texts belonging to Alexander.
- Fixed a wrong clue in the keys puzzle document.
- Fixed a loading bug that could happen on saving and quitting while standing on stairs, by which you’d be stuck in the wrong camera on loading, without your character in sight.
- Fixed several map icons related to Etienne’s note folder and several wrongly placed standard map icons.
- Fixed the character arm movement when using a Coltar token in the Coltar machine.
- Fixed a bug with Coltar messages’ texture.
- Fixed an instance of characters using voice lines from a different character than them.
- You no longer should lose all remaining characters when losing a character in the infinite hallway.
- Subtitles for “Recording 3 by Isaac Färber” should now be properly in sync with the audio.
- Fixed a few visual and audio bugs in the ending cinematic sequences.
- Added subtitle to Rene’s gun cocking for players with “Visual Cues” option enabled.
- Slightly tweaked speaking facial animations.
- Translated some texts which had been left in Spanish.
- Modified Resolution selector text to clarify it only affects resolution in Windowed mode. In Fullscreen mode, it should detect your screen’s native resolution if it’s 16:9, and the closest one if it isn’t.
- Added 1440p (2560x1440) resolution to Windowed Mode Resolution selector.
Remember that more episodes are on their way. We cannot wait to share with all of you what we have in store for the next months, stay tuned!
Beware of The Presence...