Before we jump to the big event today - we would like to thank all of our players who supported us during the turbulent, yet fun two weeks since Stars End went live on October 14th. For our small team this was a first experience releasing a game of this complexity and scale - and we are glad that in 16 days after launch we have finally reached our first milestone goal.
s update we can confidently say that majority of the game breaking issues has been resolved. Now we are ready to start new phase of development – polishing and improving smaller issues and player experience across the board. And theres still a lot of work in this department before we can finally get to improving graphics, characters and adding new content after that. Same time we will be able to fix smaller issues a lot faster now - as all the major server and networking update hurdles are out of the way.
As part of today`s update we are switching to 6 super-servers, half PvP, half PvE, capable of supporting 250 players each for now. We expect to push this further in the future.
Unfortunately we had to do a full on wipe; but we have to agree – wipe was badly needed. This was necessary due to switching to super servers, clearing the world after all the previous dupes and exploits have been fixed e.t.c. We do not expect another wipe for a very long time.
Keep in mind that while player population is low now, we will start major advertisement and promo events in the first week of December to boost the player population greatly. Meanwhile we still need 4 more weeks before Stars End is ready for this type of larger player pop.
During this time we`ll continue with 1-2 updates per week, fixing last remaining bugs, starting to polish things here and there, and expand the playable planets.
Please keep in mind - this was a HUGE update, so we won
t be surprised if something new will pop-up, but well monitor the situation and if so - have a hot fix ready on the same day.
Thanks for your continuous support!
And so - presenting our first milestone - Update # 7 (0.70)
New Features & Major Fixes
- Switching to 6 super servers with 250 limit – to be expanded in the future
- Super servers split evenly around the globe with half PvP, half PvE
- Total wipe on all servers – must be also performed on dedicated servers
- Complete rewrite of all network code behind claims and territory
- Fixed over 20 issues and bugs related to claims and territories
- Server and networking performance is increased several fold
Fixes and Additions
- Improved server stability and resolved some rare causes of server crashing
- Corrected some server issues when riding the Ferry.
- Changed Nova controls to act more like a normal ship
- Landing Pad completely reworked – has a terminal, and allows custom placement of vehicle
- Moved crafted ship spawn from landing pad to player inventory
- Issues with claims disappearing or being inaccessible resolved
- Wild horses no longer show a saddle
- Fixed falling through terrain when spawning on a claim with a base
- Fixed Spacesuit set not working properly - invisible suit and shadow issues
- Fixed makeshift suit not working at all
- Claims no longer invisible during placement
- Window and Door placement nodes separated
- Improvements in stuck command. It now also searches vertically for a suitable place.
- Implemented saving last used server settings - for solo/personal/dedicated
- Corrected some animation issues and optimized game graphics
Misc and Balance Changes
- Corrected inventory duplication on death exploit
- Adjusted player when standing, crouching and proning – making it impossible to look through walls - wall view exploit
- Fixed several vehicle exploits
- Fixed an issue where base components could be picked up with ignition key while in a vehicle
- Ground tiller rotation resolved
- Can no longer make a base inside a territory hub
- Ground tillers can only be placed on terrain
- Watch Towers can now be picked up
- Fixed an issue where the territory claim could be deleted
- Fixed range of territory claims to 300m, preventing personal claims from overlapping or being placed inside territory claims.
- Fixed issue with territory guardian attacking current owner.
- Fixed requirement to destroy Guardian mech(s) in order to set a territory claim.