The time has come. The final major update for Dollhouse has arrived. It was quite a journey, we would like to thank the community for their amazing support that allowed us to keep going for this long. We hope you guys enjoy this update!
This update overhauls various aspects of the Multiplayer mode in our game and other QoL updates. This update serves as a bookend to our multiplayer mode with a few new additions.
GENERAL GAMEPLAY UPDATE
- Added “Murder Party” costumes for all Nominees. These are the corrupted variants of each playable Nominee
- Updated Splashes for new costumes for all Nominees.
- Added Enhancement card customization for each Nominee, these are minor buffs players can further customize their character’s with to suit their playstyles
- Updated the Menus for the Nominee Selection and MP Lobby to support the Enhancement cards
- Fixed an issue where the dropped connection does not clean up properly
- Reduced the minimum number of players to two instead of three
- Music Vinyls collected in the game can now be used to customize the default soundtrack for all Safe Room music. Players are no longer restricted to only listening to the tracks in the Main Menu
- Added Vinyl Player to every Safe Room
GENERAL GAMEPLAY FIXES
- Fixed Vinyl placement issues so Vinyl pickups are now tracked
- Fixed an issue that caused dialogues to be cut off after the final boss fight
- Fixed an issue that caused the recording station to not play idle SFX
- Fixed an issue that caused the recording station to not account for pause during playback
- Fixed an issue that caused part 2 chase initialization SFX to play in part 1
- Fixed an issue that caused fade shader materials to not fade to transparent correctly
- Fixed an issue that caused the loadout to misbehave under certain conditions
- Attempted to remove the flickering of abilities when MP stars in the centre HUD
- Updated MP loading screen so the "how to play" text has more room to display its contents
- Removed vinyl pickup in tutorial to make it less confusing
- Added background to footer text in the Nominee selection screen to make the hotkeys more visible
- Updated various text instructions to standardize it and make it more clear
- Added icons beside the Modifier list in pause menu to easier identity which modifier is enabled
- Updated the Pause Menu so it shows a chalk background when you select the chalk rather than a bottle to reduce confusion
- Removed the color from traps to keep it consistent with the rest of the threats in the game
[IMPORTANT] Brightness Update
Updated the base brightness of the game and changed how the brightness calibration is calculated so the changes to brightness are more visible
This is our last Major Content update for Dollhouse. There will be one more patch coming sometime this week or early next week to fix any major outstanding bugs/ issues.