- Work length options are now Short, Medium and Long. You have to increase your expertise to unlock longer lengths.
- New promotion options that can be used when self-publishing your books.
- You can now view the audience demand for each genre/topic combination in the Write dialog.
- [Community suggestion] New topics: Aliens, Archaeology, Zombies.
- XP is now awarded after the work is completed. The awarded XP is constant and depends on the work type/length, but the cost for acquiring new skills increases as you progress in the game.
- Market Report: Audience demand is color-coded. Red if less than 50, Yellow if less than the maximum value.
- Publicists are unlocked at 400K fans.
- If a publisher requests corrections while you are working on another task, the task won't be interrupted anymore. You can resume corrections at a later time.
- Improved the Purchase/Character dialogs. Stats now include previous years' Awards.
- New Milestones: Self-publish books, Retire.
- Other minor UI updates.
You should be able to continue playing by loading a previous save. If you run into issues, it is recommended to start a new game.