The Test Server is currently only available for the EU server, early next week we will add the other regions. Thank you for understanding.
Thank you for testing Update 1.1! Please let us know how you feel about the changes.
- UI Improvements – The UI gets some love with a few improvements such as the highly requested Stay-In-Lobby feature, new Roster Equipment list and more, improved filter options. Further details below.
- New Equipment – A brand new consumable, the Choke Bomb, and a deadly weapon variant, the Bornheim No. 3 Match, has been added to the game.
- New Legendary Content – 3 new Legendary weapons and 2 Legendary Hunters arrived with update 1.1!
- Persistent party option to remain grouped with your invited friends after the end of a mission.
- Quality of life improvement to reduce the overhead of having to resend party invites between missions.
New Roster Equipment List
- Replaced the previous grid system for displaying equipment.
- Instead, all weapons, tools and consumables are now shown in an improved list format to provide easier management and better overall overview.
- Variants, Legendaries, contraband and items of different levels of dirtiness are grouped under the respective main weapon in the list.
More Filter Options
- The menu remembers active filters now.
- Added new filter to only show Legendary or common equipment in the Roster.
- Added new filter to only show currently owned equipment in the Store.
- New throwable consumable item that produces a small cloud of gas choking out all sources of fire.
- It explodes with a large initial blast followed with a smaller lingering area effect that lasts for 30 seconds.
- Extinguishes burning downed players.
- Any fire-based weapons and explosives will go out immediately when thrown into the active gas cloud.
- Any flammable barrels, lanterns or oil spills will not ignite as long as the cloud remains around them.
- It can be used to kill Immolators and put out burning weapons carried by other monsters.
- Hunters will start coughing for a moment when inhaling the gas.
The Choke Bomb is a new piece of equipment that has been long sought after by our community. It provides a hard counter to enemies setting your downed team-mate on fire. However, to avoid reducing it to this specific situation only, we wanted it to be a full sandbox item, providing multiple use cases and opportunities for players to come up with unique tactics around it. This is the first iteration of this item and we have some plans to improve it further in future updates. The Choke Bomb is not meant as a silver bullet and its effectiveness is still heavily situation dependant. There will still be moments where even this powerful new item is not able to save your partner without you risking getting close to that shotgun or Bomb Lance hiding around the corner. We believe this is a step in the right direction and would like to hear what you think!
Bornheim No.3 Match
- New variant of the Bornheim No.3 semi-automatic pistol, intended for sporting usage.
- Features a stock and a longer barrel to provide better accuracy, range, and handling.
- Takes a medium weapon slot in the inventory.
New Legendary Content
Sins of the Son
- Legendary Romero 77 Hatchet
- Cruelly blooded, patricide marked the first of many cursed rites carried out in no name by this Romero, in the hands of Glanton.
- Legendary Romero 77
- Understated in elegance, this Romero 77 will stick by you through thick and thin.
Last Gust (DLC, cannot be purchased during the Test period)
- Legendary Winfield M1873 Swift
- A faithful companion throughout an illustrious career, Alison's Winfield was reliable to the end and a constant, comforting reminder of the home she left behind when she traveled to Louisiana.
Phantom (DLC, cannot be purchased during the Test period)
- Gus Leroux: A former lawyer with a penchant for violence, this theatrical Hunter covers his scarred visage with a mask--not because he is ashamed of the injuries beneath, but because it terrifies his opponents.
Llorona’s Heir (DLC, cannot be purchased during the Test period)
- Much like the legend whose name she uses, Llorana earned her fearsome reputation by drowning her victims and haunting her enemies. Like a shade, she is fast and subtle, with both gun and knife.
- Water Devil will no longer respawn at the same position, making farming them for XP less convenient.
- Hellhounds now go to combat more effectively (they would often pause to howl again mid-charge).
- Improvements to Hellhounds' perception.
- Leeches wandering into static fireplaces no longer triggers the Meathead when they die. (fire spawned by players still does!)
Bornheim No.3 logic improvements:
The weapon can now load an extra round into the chamber, increasing its total magazine capacity.
Animations and handling (i.e. for Bulletgrubber trait) have been adjusted respectively.
This affects all three variants of the Bornheim pistol (Basic, Extended and the new Match variants).
Increased throwing range for the Hive Bomb (now matching that of the Dynamite Stick and Fire Bomb).
Cleaned up a small number of weapon stats in the menu to provide better comparison between selected items.
Added optional auto-move feature for Controller that can be enabled in the options:
Double-tapping sprint now keeps your Hunter walking forward until further movement of the controller stick.
Tapping sprint right after will keep on sprinting forward until further movement of the controller stick.
The icons of downed team-mates and dropped bounty tokens become more transparent the closer they are to the center of the screen so they are less distracting in combat.
- Water Devil XP restored from 2 to 20 XP (now that the respawn exploit has been fixed)
New Legendary Weapons:
- Added Romero 77 "Southern Belle" - 500 Blood Bonds
- Added Romero 77 Hatchet "Sins of the Son" - 300 Blood Bonds
New Special Legendary Weapon available as premium DLC:
- Added Winfield M1873 Swift "Last Gust"
New Legendary Hunters available as premium DLC:
- Added "The Phantom"
- Added "Llorona's Heir”
- Increased mission extraction countdown timer from 20 to 30 seconds.
- The region (i.e. Europe) where the server is located is now displayed when connecting to it, to better indicate whenever a session uses a secondary region the player has selected.
Please note that choosing a secondary region is not mandatory and will work best for those players that have a good connection to both their primary and secondary regions! We advise observing your ping times to these regions in-game when connecting the first time to figure out the best constellation for you!
- All Store items are now sorted in a standardized 3x3 grid across the weapons, legendary weapons, tools and consumables categories.
- All item grids and lists can now be navigated fully via the DPAD when using a controller.
- Cleaned up the details for selected equipment in the Roster and Store tabs.
- Smaller tweaks and updates made to various parts of Stillwater Bayou and Lawson Delta maps to improve navigation and fix clipping issues.
- Added additional ladders to Catfish Groove to allow access to the roof and the big stack of wood logs.
- Added the option to enter through the top floor window of the small side barn on the north-west side of Darrow Livestock.
- Closed a couple of easy-to-exploit gaps between wood planks on building walls.
- Adjusted the height of several fences to allow players to better see and shoot through the gaps.
- New weapon added: Bornheim No.3 Match: $134 (variant unlock)
- New consumable added: Choke Bomb: $25 (unlocks at Rank 11)
- Reintroduced Polish language with improved quality.
- Reintroduced Turkish language with improved quality.
- General quality improvements across all languages.
Stability / Performance
- General improvements of AI costs on the server.
- Fixed an issue where letters were flickering for the simplified Chinese language in the Book of Weapons and Book of Monsters (like in a horror movie).
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to prestige while matchmaking.
- Fixed a bug where searching for 'Uppercut' in the Legendary Weapons section in the Store tab didn't show the 'Rancor'.
- Fixed a bug where the price for Soul Survivors inconsistently sometimes showed 'free' or 0 Hunt dollars.
- Fixed an issue where Bounty Token tally-mark icons sometimes remained visible (in red) on boss icons in the top-left corner, despite all Bounty having been extracted
- Fixed a bug where scrolling in the 3D weapon viewer also performed scrolling in the store menu.
- Fixed a bug where double-clicking on a Contraband item would unintentionally buy a new fresh version of the same item.
- Fixed a bug where the small indicator for new unlocks disappeared after clicking on the item subtab and not on the actual item itself.
- Fixed an occasional crash on the server that could happen during mission loading.
- Fixed a bug where weapons couldn't be unequipped while a filter without the equipped weapon was active.
- Fixed a minor display error when having less than six traits equipped.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes there were no reward banner pop-ups for completed mastery unlocks or challenges.
- Fixed an issue where the audio input device field cut long names too early, making it hard or impossible to identify the correct device in some cases.
- Fixed a bug where selecting gear via D-Pad LEFT and D-Pad RIGHT in quick succession caused issues.
- Fixed a bug where the confirmation prompt did not get displayed when accepting a Steam invitation during a mission.
- Fixed an issue where players could temporarily get stuck on the 'invite in progress' screen.
- Various fixes for edge cases that could result in bosses getting stuck mid-fight.
Stability / Performance
- Players sometimes experience desyncs / rubberbanding issues during gameplay.
- Client might crash when quitting the game.
- For the improbable case when a player gets killed by the choke bomb’s damage (1), the death screen doesn't show the correct source just yet.
- Stopping the burning of a downed hunter with a choke bomb makes looting impossible.
- Sometimes weapons can drop on top of each other making it hard to loot the correct one.
- If there's only one bullet left in the Bornheim, reloading with Bulletgrubber trait doesn't save it.
- In rare cases weapons can get stuck in a reload loop for a few seconds.
- Sometimes tools or consumables can float in the world.
- Teams of three opt in can sometimes be changed in random teams - this should not be possible.
- It may happen that the underdog bonus is displayed when in a trio.
- The region that is displayed in the "Match Found" banner takes a few seconds to update to the correct region name. (only valid after region was switched)
Visual / Audio
- Coat for legendary hunter 'The phantom' clips inside the chest in the menu.
- In rare cases players might encounter objects with wrong/purple shading.
- In rare cases clients might experience render issues when other players extract from the map.
~The Hunt Team