Build number: 586966
Patch EA 0.9.2 really had us occupied longer than expected, but we are happy that today we can announce that we released EA 0.9.3. It’s a pretty big update and it also contains lots of critical bug fixes, balancing changes to the economy and also new features like keymapping, improved quick access, etc.. We also added a few other improvements - just check out the patch notes below.
- We made lots of changes to the quick access UIs on the right hand side of the HUD. Reason was that the bigger your dynasty gets the harder it gets to manage, so we wanted to provide you better tools for doing so. There are now 2 separate quick selection windows: Buildings and characters. Both windows have proper filter options. You can now scroll the whole list with one scrollbar. Sub-categories can be hidden and shown however you want. We are also showing more information on the entries in both UIs. Sorting has also been reworked. If you now left click on an entry, that building/character will be selected.
- Family campaigns can now be properly played in multiplayer. In singleplayer, all AI dynasties are now also getting the campaign goal as a winning condition. So you need to be careful, the AI may just be quicker than you when it comes to finishing the goal first.
- You are now able to continue a game after you have won in single player. If you decide to continue playing after you were victorious, the game mode is changed to free game.
- Before EA 0.9.3 keys were actually bound to the actual character on the keyboard and not the position on the keyboard. We had to change that in order to support multiple keyboard layouts and languages. While we did that, we also implemented the possibility change keybindings in the options menu of the game.
- From EA 0.9.3 on the game now properly respects the left-handed mouse mode of the operating system, if enabled.
- The AI is now reserving a certain amount (in %) of their current funds for non-essential things per round. Upon purchasing non-essential things, the AI will check if they still have enough funds left. This way the AI is less prone to run out of funds they would need to keep their businesses going.
- From now on, you will know why a dynasty died out. The reason for the death of a dynasty will be stated in the dynasty died window.
- We also changed how the productivity of your workers is calculated. So from now on the reputation of your dynasty with the neighborhood, in which the business is located, has a bigger impact on the overall productivity of your workers.
- Conquering of buildings now works a bit differently. You can now use multiple henchmen to conquer a building and the greater their number, the faster you will be able to conquer the building. To conquer a building, henchmen will first throw out the current owners to make the building neutral. Once the building is neutral they will start to conquer it for your dynasty. If the conquerors get interrupted, the conquering progress isn’t reset. Instead it slowly goes down again. Buildings that are already neutral will stay neutral. Also, coins are refunded if your henchmen are interrupted while they are still on their way to the building to be conquered. If the conquering itself is interrupted, coins are not refunded.
- When selecting targets, characters are now also considering characters who are guarding the target. This way they have an easier time assessing the situation before eg. attacking the target.
- Upon loading a saved multiplayer game you are now able to change server name and password.
Content & Balancing
- We made several changes to how the prices are changing on the market. From now on they shouldn’t fluctuate as strongly and frequently anymore. We also reduced the price gaps between the same items in normal markets and far-trade markets.
- The HP regeneration formula has been updated and the secondary attribute Regeneration has been extended to show more digits, so changes to the base attribute become more visible.
- You are now starting with the title citizen when starting a game in career mode.
- Moving the camera over bigger maps could cause lags. One of the biggest offenders to performance was the skinning code. It only created the buffers required for all the skinning calculations when the mesh became visible for the first time. If you moved the camera quickly over a large map, then it had to create hundreds of vertex buffers in a single frame, which could take a lot of time. We changed that so the vertex buffer creation is now spread out over multiple frames if it takes too long.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash upon handing in a verdict two times for the same indictment.
- Fixed several crash bugs that were introduced in EA 0.9.2.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to create evidence against a character who is trying to defend somebody.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the players from losing a game if they married their heir to another dynasty and the current leader dies.
- Fixed a bug that allowed AI dynasties to name a child as their new leader.
- Fixed a bug that allowed children of AI dynasties to apply for and hold offices.
- Fixed a bug that caused the character to remain in the building upon executing the guard action from within the building to be guarded.
- Fixed several bugs related to the “end liaison” action.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not show the conquering progress in the game world (flag pole) upon saving and loading a game while the conquering process is still ongoing.
- Fixed a bug that caused the positive rumor to increase reputation with characters that you are currently fighting.
- Fixed a bug that caused the long distance journey action to never end if the character isn’t able to drop all the items upon return.
- Fixed a bug that caused the conquering flag pole to not be highlighted with the building upon hovering the mouse cursor over it.
- Fixed a bug that caused the winning points tab in the statistics window to consume too much performance.
- Fixed a bug that caused family members to continue collecting resources after they have been moved to a new residence.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to show the enter church button in the action bar of an unconscious character.
- We fixed several bugs caused by being able to obtain more buildings than the player would be allowed to own.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not update the health points of a newly upgraded building.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not deduct the repair costs upon repairing buildings.
- Fixed a bug that caused the character to float upon changing clothes while riding a horse. Yes really.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to destroy an item upon being exchanged with another one while the inventory is full.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not transfer all buildings correctly from a dying dynasty to the heir married to another dynasty character.
- Fixed a bug that caused dead spouse plaques to not get properly removed from a building after their death.
- Fixed several bugs related to trading characters between dynasties and how they are then shown in the family tree.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to show the wrong name for your children upon hovering the character plaque on a building.
- Fixed a bug that caused the privacy protection add-on to not increased privacy protection.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to show separate verdict sliders for characters from the same family.
- Fixed a bug that caused characters who already have an office to not properly apply for a new office.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to show the wrong character window when clicking the character level next to the character portrait, while you were in an interior scene.
- Fixed a bug that caused characters to be shown in the T-Pose if they enter a scene with a horse or horse cart equipped.
- Fixed a bug that allowed neutral businesses to produce items they are not yet allowed to produce.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to bypass the maximum employee limit in a building.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to duplicate the model of a dying leader.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to cull particle effects too early.
- Fixed a bug that caused the mesh of children to be messed up at their hands.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to hide particle effects after leaving a scene.
- Fixed a bug that caused chat messages sent by the client to not be sent to other clients or the host.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not show the businesses of other players on the mini map.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to show a connect/disconnect message for players connected/disconnected in the lobby upon starting the match.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not synch the guards of buildings correctly to every participant.
- Fixed a bug that prevented family members from entering the church.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to be unplayable for clients if the host tabbed out of the game window.
- Fixed several bugs related to leaving a lobby and returning to the server selection window.
- Fixed a bug that LMB was used instead of RMB as the main button despite being set up differently in windows.
The game does not display/load save games from outdated patch versions as they have become incompatible due to the rework of core systems.
If you are experiencing difficulties with loading and saving the game, you may attempt to delete all files from the folder “c:\Users[USERNAME]\Saved Games\Guild3\” (standard under Windows).
Multiplayer: If you have a restrictive firewall then you may have to manually open the following outgoing ports to be able to play in multiplayer: 61111 TCP & UDP, 36895 TCP & UDP, - 36975 TCP & UDP. You can find this information as well in the FAQs Multiplayer on our webpage!
It is quite possible that some problems that you have in your game are caused by missing or corrupted files. In this case, the following can help: right-click on "The Guild 3" in your Steam library, then Properties - LOCAL FILES - VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES...
If you still have issues afterwards, then we recommend to uninstall the game and then manually delete the folder "C:\Users[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Guild3\" (or "C:\Users[USERNAME]\Documents\Guild3\"). Then re-install the game.
Join our official Discord server (link) where you can meet us (that is, when we take a break from developing games) and other players to chat about the game.
What we are planning for the next patch
As already mentioned we are working on another iteration on the trade routes. It’s going well so you all should be able to be able to experience the improved trade routes in our next patch.
A short outlook…
We’ll put our efforts on making the way to become the Sovereign more challenging as well as holding the position of the Sovereign more interesting.
Beside that we are working on finalizing the text translations for French, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Russian, Chinese, Japanese and Korean. It still takes a number of weeks until we can launch these localizations.
We value your feedback!
If you have the time, we would appreciate it if you could fill out a short survey regarding the changes we made in patch EA 0.9.3: Google Form
Please note: we do not collect any personal information other than your feedback - you will remain completely anonymous. This survey will end the day we release the next patch.