Version: v1.0 Patch #3
Client patch size: ~ 650 MB
- Increased taunt time for successful Spider pounce attack
- Increased damage taken by Grunts on compact bullets upper-torso hits
- Increased experience points earned from killing a Meathead from 100 to 200 XP
- Drastically reduced Compound SFX rumble effect to not interfere with gameplay.
- Fixed rare case of bushes not stopping to rustle when walking through them.
- Fixed an issue that caused legendary weapons to be audible through terrain in close proximity.
- Cannot switch equipment while cooking a Concertina bomb
- Concertina bomb now drops and activates if the player is killed while cooking it
- Increased AI stimuli ranges across silenced weapons and crossbows
- Nagant M1895 and its variants' extra ammo increased from 21 to 35 rounds
- Nagant M1895 Officer and its variants' extra ammo increased from 14 to 21 rounds
- Caldwell Conversion pistol and its Chain Pistol variant's extra ammo increased from 24 to 30 rounds
- Sparks LRR and its variants' extra ammo increased from 17 to 20 rounds
- Dolch 96 now uses Special ammo instead of Medium ammo
- Dolch 96 recoil has been increased further, making it harder to control in rapid fire
- Dolch 96 now has [10/10] ammo capacity instead of [10/5]
[i]The Dolch and its game balance has been troubling us for some time now, we have tried many different solutions during the Early Access period. The dilemma we are facing is that we want to ensure the weapon is portrayed correctly, being one of the most powerful and advanced weapons of its time, firing bullets at velocities unmatched by classic black powder handguns. On the other hand however, we have to find a compromise between pros and cons to ensure it has a balanced spot in the arsenal and is not considered OP. This is not an easy task, but just like with the recent changes to the Uppercut, we feel it's necessary to encourage variety and mix up the meta.
With the changes in this update, we want to clearly position the Dolch as an endgame weapon. It is a powerful weapon and that comes with a price. So, besides increasing its cost (see further below) we are also making it harder to use: On one hand we are drastically increasing its recoil even further, and on the other, we are making it harder to resupply by changing the ammo type from Medium Bullet to Prototype Bullet, which is described as a "Modern Smokeless Powder Pistol Cartridge" that refills from Special ammo packs only, just like the Crossbow and the Nitro Express Rifle. The actual ballistics are identical to how it worked before.
To compensate for these nerfs, we are reverting a previous change that reduced the Dolch's extra ammo to just 5 rounds. This change was originally done in order to reduce the effects of equipping additional medium ammo weapons, just to give extra rounds to the Dolch. With the Dolch effectively having its own ammo type now, we can safely increase the extra ammo back to 10 extra rounds, giving it a full stripper clip reload without complicated extra ammo management.
We hope that the combination of these changes will allow the Dolch to finally find its place in the arsenal, having a solid mix of advantages and disadvantages, making it a rare, but prized weapon to bring into the Bayou. Please tell us what you think![/i]
- Enabled selection of alternative "Gunslinger" control scheme in the options for further testing (default is classic "Hunter" mode)
[i]With this test update, we are activating a different, optional control scheme called "Gunslinger" for players to experiment with. The game settings menu already had these options listed for the last updates on test server, but players were not able to switch to their control scheme of choice until now.
Since the Early Access launch last year, Hunt has featured controls that have been tailored to its unique gameplay formula, focusing on melee and discouraging players from simple "run and gun" to avoid detection. Noise is an important mechanic in the game that can also work against the player very quickly, if not managed carefully.
However, we also have to recognize that some players that would love to try Hunt out, are discouraged from giving the game a chance because of the controls being different from the games they normally play. With "Gunslinger" we are trying to find a good compromise, giving those players, who simply cannot get behind Hunt's unique controls, a way to still enjoy the game with a more streamlined, classic control scheme.
Players can now choose between these two controls options:
- “Hunter” is the current control scheme that you are all familiar with and it remains unchanged. By default you will melee attack with any currently equipped weapon and to shoot you have to actively enter the aim state. The focus is on stealth and a careful playstyle, using melee and silent actions until the moment you are ready to take your shot.
- “Gunslinger” on the other hand features an alternative control scheme that is inspired by classic FPS shooters. By default, Hunters will always be aiming, introducing the possibility to hipfire without having to press a button. In this control scheme Hunters will lower their weapons when sprinting. Entering ADS requires only one button now. Triggering any melee attack will be done with a separate melee attack button that players can bind in the controls options. The usage of tools and consumables is also a bit more accessible, basically aiming with them all the time.
Neither of these options will have a gameplay advantage over the other, as all core movements and player actions are the same, and only provide the player with more choices on how they want to play. They are available for both Keyboard & Mouse and Controller. We would like to hear your feedback on "Gunslinger" and what you think about this option![/i]
Leaderboards are hooked up to the database and are working correctly now
You can filter between game-modes as well sort between a global top 100 list or your friends
Player can now quickly access their Hunter's equipment from the inspector screen in the Lobby
Minor adjustments to UI texts and icons to improve readability
Added filter to the Roster menu for Legendary items
Added a selection screen for your preferred control scheme (Hunter or Gunslinger) before you start playing the tutorial for the first time
The extraction countdown/icons are smaller now to be less intrusive
Adjusted the text size for XP unlock gates in the store
- Minor tweaks and fixes made on both Stillwater Bayou and Lawson Delta maps
- Improvements made to level streaming in order to avoid issues with certain compounds not loading in correctly, resulting in invisible buildings and objects.
- Optimizations made to the physics proxies of a small number of buildings and objects for a more readable ruleset when attempting to throw projectiles through small gaps
- Generators and Gramophones attract AI more consistently
- Sparks LRR price reduced from $207 to $130
- Sparks LRR Silencer price reduced from $228 to $150
- Sparks LRR Sniper price reduced from $268 to $199
- Dolch 96 price has been increased from $490 to $750
- Dolch 96 Precision price has been increased from $550 to $790
- Reduced overall intensity of force feedback rumble effects
- Added some missing force feedback effects for shotguns
- Further improvements to the unlock conditions for "Fire" and "Explosives" categories in the Book of Weapons, to make unlocking variants less 'grindy'
- Minor adjustments made to the required XP earned for a number of Book of Weapon variant unlock entries to smoothen progression out
- Updated the look of the Blood Bonds icon
- Fixed a number of missing strings in the menu
- Fixed a bug where killing players using the Combat Axe did not count correctly towards the 1st Mastery unlock
- Fixed an issue where Locked items were incorrectly displaying the 'new' + icon on them (only actually unlocked items should display this!)
- Fixed an issue where kills for Hunters with a much lower ELO rating were not being displayed on the Summary Screen
- Fixed an issue where accolades for individual hunter kills were not displayed in the details section of the Summary Screen.
- Fixed a bug where the last Hunter invited to a trio party is overlapped by the placeholder shadow in the lobby
- Fixed a bug where a blank error message box was displayed after being kicked out of a mission due to broken network channel
- Fixed a bug where user was able to load into a mission with a Mission Summary Screen
- Fixed a bug where the Host couldn't see the chat box in the lobby
- Fixed an issue where the ESC key did not always navigate to the first (leftmost) tab in the menus
- Fixed a bug that occured If a player in a group, which is ready, closed the game, causing other players tot get a non-user friendly error message
- Fixed a bug where the "Clean" weapon button disappeared after use and sometimes didn't work at all
- Fixed a bug that prevented Players from cleaning the Combat Axe
- Fixed: Clicking on name or 'N/A' fields in the Leaderboard screen crashes the game
- Fixed a bug where Legendary weapons that are owned but not unlocked in the book of weapons were missing a 'locked' symbol on the equipment screen
- Fixed a bug where trying to unlock a Legendary skin with double clicking resulted in an error message
- Fixed a bug where owned, but still locked Legendary weapons couldn't be equipped with a double click on the icon
- Fixed a bug where the Contract Screen did not inform the player which contract is locked after player has initiated bounty hunt
- Fixed a bug that caused the 'item amount' indicator to move into the item name field when the list is scrolled in the store
- Fixed an issue where Legendary Hunters didn't have capital letters for their names on the Summary Screen and when used by partners in the Lobby Screen
- Fixed a bug where the Kill Assist accolade was showing '0 XP' (they are not meant to give any extra XP as that is covered by the team-mates kill, but showing a number there was still misleading)
- Fixed a bug where the Kill Assist accolade incorrectly could show up in the Top 5 accolades list, but should only ever be visible in the details section
- Fixed an issue where the Player's prestige value was missing in the Summary Screen
- Fixed an issue with Hunter kills not being displayed correctly in the 'Summary Screen' (they were still counting for XP however!)
- Fixed an issue with the Last Match summary stats not showing up correctly and incorrectly including AI kills
- Tentative fix for "heavy-breathing" audio not stopping on Hunters
- Tentative fix for burning audio not stopping on burned-out hunters
- Fixed a bug where off-screen markers for team-mates showed up as Tactical Ping markers instead
- Fixed a bug where after completing a vaulting action the camera position did no longer snap towards another direction
- Fixed an issue where the Quick slot icons did not properly update on the Item wheel after remapping them (Controller only)
- Fixed a bug where Players could get stuck in objects when trying to vault onto them
- Fixed camera snap when player vaults onto an object.
- Fixed issue with most throwables not generating splashes in water
- Fixed a bug that allowed the Flash Bomb to blind players through solid walls in some cases
- Fixed an issue where the crosshair would sometimes not be scaled up or down properly with FOV changes
- Fixed a bug where Bomb lance could disappear for a frame on heavy melee attacks.
- Fixed weapon animations for the Romero and its variants. The hammer no longer charges by itself.
- Fixed hammer issues with Bornheim pistol.
- Readjusted the timing for the dry fire of the Romero Hatchet variant.
- Readjusted the Mosin Nagant Bayonet variant when performing a Heavy melee attack
- Fixed floating bullets during the Winfield's select animation.
- Fixed camera snap during the Flare pistol's heavy attack animation.
- Fixed Bornheim's empty reload issue
- Fixed the hand position during the Winfield Swift's reload loop animation
- Fixed the animation speed when firing the Caldwell Conversion during ADS being off compared to the actual rate of fire
- Fixed select animation of the Sparks rifle when switching to and back from Dark Sight
- Fixed an issue where the 2nd mastery level for the Hellhounds was giving too many Blood Bonds as completion reward
- Fixed a big where the Winfield Silencer 1st Mastery did not show unlock condition in Book of Weapons.
- Fixed a bug where Book of Weapons' Winfield Mastery was displayed as unlocked already although it isn't
- Fixed an issue where killing players with the Combat Axe did not count correctly towards the 1st Mastery unlock
- Fixed a bug where after prestiging the Mastery levels in the Book of Weapons displayed the wrong number
- Fixed a bug where after prestiging the progress of the mastery 1 was displayed on the left side in the Book of Monsters even when it's already done
- Fixed a bug where after prestiging and unlocking a challenge-locked weapon again, which had all its Mastery levels completed, the progress indicator for the last Mastery was displayed again.
- Fixed an issue where the "Bullet Speed" of the Pax in the store and arsenal was incorrectly listed as 440m/s instead of the correct 330m/s it has in-game
- Fixed an issue where the Sparks Silencer's "Effective Range" stat in the store and arsenal was incorrectly set to 250m instead of 94m
- Fixed an issue where in some cases Revolver "Rate of Fire" stats in the store and arsenal were not correct
- Fixed an issue where some legendary weapons had different costs than the weapons they were based on
- Fixed an issue where the Armored sometimes got catapulted backwards on death
- Fixed an issue where the Immolator was not able to reach doors when trying to break them in
- Fixed issue with environmental distractors not affecting AI after the initial audio starts
- Fixed an issue that caused the Spider interruption attack not knocking down Hunters
- Fixed an issue that caused the Spider not to interrupt its attacks if damaged mid-air
- Fixed inconsistent damage on certain Spider frenzy attacks
- Fixed a bug that caused dead Hellhounds to still have a hit box by which players could get blocked
- Fixed a bug where AI could get stuck when walking into barrels
- Fixed some minor issues with the swarming system that helps to coordinate movement of multiple AI when attacking a player
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused Bird flocks to not killed by fire
- Birds will no longer trigger hit feedback multiple times now
- Fixed a bug that caused the audio during 'Killer View' to be muffled
- Fixed issues with interaction outlines
- Fixed a bug where the Link Account button was present in pause menu
- Fixeda bug where the Link Account button was not greyed-out and its description text was missing once account has been linked
- Fixed a number of missing strings on the map screen during Quickplay
- Fixed an issue where the correct audio output device was not being set in Audio/Options when using in-game VOIP
- Fixed an issue that occured when the player was in the weapons viewer and lost connection to the backend causing the menu to break once the connection was re-established
- While spectating, it’s possible to be stuck on a black screen when opening the map while switching players – map needs to be closed again.
- Assassin clones can get stuck in some situations.
- When standing close to a bear trap and disarming it (by pressing 'f' or shooting) the bear trap still damages the player.
- Bomb lance might disappear for a frame on heavy melee attacks.
- Ammo information might not be displayed correctly during spectator mode.
- Wrong or missing footstep audio in some specific places.
- Kill View displays blood particles if killer was bleeding when player died
- Placeholder icon is displayed when picking up Dolch ammo - and tooltip string with details is missing currently
- Render distance for red window shutters is too low.
- Some minor clipping issues during animations.
- Ping doesn’t work for all ammo boxes (medium and special).
- Dolch 96 cannot pick up ammunition from the ammo box consumable. - (yet!)
- Steam group host is unable to leave group or click READY/ACCEPT if he navigated to the Contract screen and back to Bounty Hunt lobby without accepting a contract.
- To solves this navigate once more to the Contracts screen and actually click ACCEPT.
- 'Find Partner' button displayed on Contracts screen instead of 'ACCEPT' when canceling a random partner search while being in the contracts screen.
- Kill Assist accolade shows up in Top 5 accolades (should only be in details).
- Kill Assist accolade shows '0 XP'.
- Hunter model gets rendered in the background of 'Last Match' and 'Challenges' screen if Play Bounty Hunt button is clicked.
- Legendary Hunters are currently not part of prestige rewards.
- Legendary prestige reward is not greyed out when the player already has every legendary hunter and weapon unlocked.
- Player might be stuck in "match found, searching for server" when a server crashes shortly after queuing for QP.
- Game mode filters are not displayed correctly when switching from leaderboards to another screen and back again while Quicklplay is selected.
- Prestige level is not displayed in the summary screen at the moment.
- No coats/clothes get rendered on Hunters in the roster and lobby screens.
- New icon (+) for Traits does not disappear after trait being applied or selected.
~The Hunt Team