The second update of the Early Access period brings an interactive tutorial and many other improvements. Read on for all the details!
Brama has lived through a lifetime of tribulation but is always willing to pass on her wisdom to a new generation. She guides new players in their first battle against Rageborne.
The tutorial debuted at Gen Con last weekend, and we're happy to include it in this update today. Even if you already know how to play, we'd appreciate it if you try the tutorial and let us know what you think!
Play All Gems
There are many turns where you just want to play your gems and get to work. We've added a quick button that plays all your gems. It goes from highest cost to lowest, so if you have a Burning Opal, you'll get a chance to discard something else first.
When you are discarding or destroying cards, they have a unique highlight effect to indicate what will happen. That should help you avoid quick misclicks!
We're continuing to improve and expand the animations and visual polish of the game throughout the Early Access period. There's now a cool animation when a card is destroyed, and Rageborne (who felt left out) now has some unique animations. For those who like to play quickly, the animation speed setting now applies to everything we could find, including casting spells. If we've missed something, let us know by sending in feedback!
This update includes various other bug fixes and improvements. Here's a list of the notable ones:
- If all the gems in your hand are the same, Arcane Nexus will automatically choose one.
- Revealed cards can be temporarily dismissed to look at other things.
- Automatically end the main phase when there are no more actions to take (optional).
- Improved position of tooltips on corruption cards in your hand.
- Improved position of tooltips on supply cards.
- Pulverizing Ray now shows how many of the decisions have been made (x/6).
- If no allies have cards in hand, Tourmaline Shard will no longer ask to use its effect.
- If all your breaches are open, Flexing Dagger will no longer ask to use its first effect.
- Bottled Vortex is now able to destroy corruption cards.
- Destroyed breaches will no longer show focus/open buttons.
- When revealing corruptions with Sifter's Pearl, the mage's name is now properly shown instead of Crooked Mask.
- The "Skip Ability" button no longer covers the charge ability popup.
- Potentially fixed issues related to cards/spell casts getting "stuck."
We are still hard at work, with more to come during Early Access! We are working on adding the last nemesis from the core game, the Carapace Queen. Plus there will be additional big features like a card library screen, Steam achievements, customized backgrounds, and much more.
Thanks for playing and keep sending in your feedback!