Version: v1.0 Patch #2
Client patch size: ~550 MB
New Unlock Conditions
- Weapon variations are now unlocked following an XP-based unlock system, instead of specific kill goals as used for the daily and weekly challenges
- XP rewards for player kills have been halved to allow for normalized XP earnings across both PvE and PvP for the purpose of weapon variation unlock challenges (i.e. a kill against a player with equal skill is now worth 250 XP instead of 500 XP)
[i]With this update, we have made a change to how the challenges in the Book of Weapons work, changing to an XP-based system instead of the current specific challenges. We had to use the existing system for our initial test server deployment (which makes sense for daily and weekly challenges, as well as Book of Monsters unlocks) since the new XP system was not available in time. Unfortunately, this has caused some irritation within the community as the unlocks felt very 'grindy' and in some cases forced unwanted playstyles on players.
So, with this patch, earning XP with a weapon (or its variants) fills a bar towards the next unlock. This will make the progression system feel less like a "side quests" and allows players to simply unlock new variants by playing how they like, as long as they are using a weapon from the same unlock category. Of course, the new system is still meant to give a slightly different experience from how it works on Live, but that is intentional. It gives more control to players in choosing what equipment they focus and work on to reach their unlock goals, rather than having everything available automatically with ranking up.[/i]
- Improved the spawn locations of Clue Defenders
- Some minor tweaks and fixes to a number of compounds on both maps
- Further polished the quality and slightly shortened the Caldwell Conversion Uppercut's reload animations (The reload still takes longer than on other revolvers due to the bigger bullet size!)
Replaced the green color with gold on the checkmarks in the menu
Improved the UX for the menu tabs and sub-tabs in the top navigation bar
Sub-tabs now always reset to the leftmost entry of the main tab, except for the Bounty Hunt and Quickplay sub-tabs
Improved the readability of unlocked weapons in the UI (locked weapons are now grayed out more)
You can now hover over the equipment of your partner(s) and see the details of their gear similarly to the arsenal and store tabs
The 'Buy' button for Legendary Weapons is disabled if you already own one copy of the selected item
Adjusted the font on the in-game map for better readability of compound names
Slightly adjusted the size of icons in order to celebrate new unlocks
The UI now directly displays the game-mode description for Quickplay instead of having to hover over the '?' icon
Changed the order of the ammunition type filters to be consistent across the arsenal and store tabs
Updated the Handling stat of the Winfield M1873C in the store and arsenal tabs to better differentiate it from the Winfield M1873
Updated the Reload time stat of the Caldwell Conversion Uppercut in the store and arsenal tabs to adjust to the new animation length
Adjusted the ratings of some of the summary screen Accolade Cards that decide if a card is of bronze, silver or golden quality
The Ghoul trait is now correctly unlocked at rank 19 instead of 7
Markers placed off-screen using the Tactical Ping system now have a unique peripheral icon
- Fixed an issue where pressing the 'Overview' tab twice while having no Hunters in the roster caused the item slot text to appear
- Partner characters will now play the correct Hunter tier idle animation in the Lobby screen
- Fixed a bug where the description didn't update accordingly when selecting a trait and then scrolling down and clicking on its old position on the list
- Fixed a bug that caused the region selection to be displayed on top of the summary screen and death screen after the tutorial
- Fixed an issue that allowed unlock celebration pop-ups to appear from the previous mission when unlocking new equipment
- Fixed an issue where the 'inspect' screen of a partner stayed open after returning from a match and was not able to be closed sometimes
- Fixed issues where Blood Bond tooltips were inconsistently displayed throughout the UI
- Fixed a bug that caused a wrong popup message to be displayed when trying to buy a trait that is still locked by rank
- Fixed a bug that caused the equipment screen to have two different 'Discard' buttons for contraband items
- Fixed an issue where Contraband weapons were sometimes not discarded when unequipping them
- Fixed a bug where the names of legendary items were not showing up in the Shop screen sometimes
- Fixed an issue where a legendary weapon that got unlocked with Blood Bonds, but was not unlocked yet in the Book of Weapons, was missing the lock symbol
- Fixed missing texts for the number of killed immolators in the Summary Screen
- Fixed an issue where after prestiging, the progress of the Mastery 1 challenge was displayed on the left side of the Book of Monster even when it had already been completed before
- Fixed an issue where after prestiging, and unlocking a challenge-locked weapon again, which had already completed Mastery challenges, the progress indicator for the Mastery was displayed again
- Fixed an issue where after prestiging, the Mastery challenges in the Book of Weapons displayed a wrong number
- Fixed an issue where after the last Hunter died in a mission, any freshly recruited Hunter would display no traits sometimes
- Fixed an issue that caused the Trainee Mode icon on the top left corner to not get updated when reaching rank 11
- Updated some Hunter shirt models to eliminate strong, visible clipping in first-person view
- Ping markers and overhead icons for team-mates now stay at the same size regardless of the current FOV (i.e. when zooming in with a weapon)
- Fixed an issue where a burning Player was able to set a downed hunter on fire in some edge cases (i.e. when the downed Hunter was lying on a slope or stairs)
- Fixed broken melee attacks in first-person view for all syringe-based equipment
- Fixed an issue where the left hand was not animating correctly when using the Knife tool
- Fixed an issue where starting the Banishment of a boss did not stop active burning effects on players of the banishing team
- Fixed an issue that caused player kills to always yield 500 XP regardless of the killed player’s ELO ranking, which can scale from 50 to 1000 XP based on the difference in skill
- Fixed “arm-stretching” animation issues when a player switches between Sparks LRR and Caldwell Conversion Uppercut
- Fixed a reload animation issue on the Bornheim No.3
- Fixed issue with Crossbow Shotbolt replenishment showing an icon for Throwing Knives instead
- Fixed an issue where the Bomb Lance could trigger hit-markers on downed Hunters
- Fixed an issue where the Lebel 1886 Marksman kept the screen blurry for too long
- Fixed some Derringer heavy melee animation issues
- Readjusted the Lebel 1886 Talon heavy melee attack timings to match other Talon-equipped weapons
- Fixed the hand pose during heavy melee attacks with the Mosin Nagant M1891 Bayonet variant, which could cause the attack to appear to strike higher than it actually did
- Fixed an issue for the Bornheim when doing empty reloads
- Fixed an issue that allowed the Concertina Trip Mine to trigger hit feedback after being activated by an enemy player in order to avoid it being used as a proximity sensor
- Adjusted the hold pose for Lanterns to avoid flickering light issues
- Fixed multiple visual glitches with missing shells and double drum spinning animations on the Caldwell Conversion Uppercut during reloads
- Fixed an issue where some Death Screen damage history entries could show incorrect damage numbers of multiple hits and confuse players about what the real inflicted damage of a single hit was
- AI Bugs
- Fixed an issue that allowed Grunts to spawn in places where they couldn't move
- Fixed an issue where Assassin clones switched targets during frenzy mode
- Fixed an issue where selected dead AI could display hit-markers when taking certain types of damage
- Fixed an issue where the Spider still played frenzy audio upon death
- Fixed an issue that caused the Spider not to properly enter frenzy mode when triggered right at the beginning of the fight
- Fixed an issue that caused the Spider’s movement speed to be too slow sometimes
- Fixed an issue that allowed the Assassin’s ranged attack to headshot and kill players instantly in some unlucky cases (i.e. when standing really close)
- Fixed a bug that allowed Waterdevils to unintendedly block projectiles
- Fixed some issues with the Spider, which caused it to remain stationary until the player moved further away from it
- Fixed a bug that caused Immolators to sometimes stop too far away from closed doors, making them unable to damage and break down the doors
- Fixed an issue that caused the Butcher to sometimes get stuck in faster movement speed even after the frenzy mode has already ended
- Shadows around the player can sometimes flicker
- Lobby chat is not working.
- Legendary weapons that are owned but not unlocked in the book of weapons are missing a locked symbol on the equipment screen.
- Sometimes the last Hunter invited to a duo or trio is covered by the placeholder shadow in the lobby.
- Clean button can disappear after use and sometimes doesn't work at all.
- Caldwell Rival 78 Handcannon Mastery 1 cannot be unlocked.
- Killing with an explosive crossbow also counts towards the mastery for the crossbow shotbolt
- Book of Weapons Winfield Mastery is displayed as unlocked already although it isn't yet.
- Trying to unlock a legendary skin with double-clicking results in an error message
- Players might experience desync or collision issues when moving towards or through gated metal cages.
- In rare cases the player have to stop moving in order to extinguish fire or stop bleeding. The exact conditions are unknown.
- Fuse audio stays on the corpse when player quick switches and quick throws a consumable and gets killed while throwing it.
- Search function in the shop might not work reliably.
- Scrolling individual UI elements (e.g. resolution selection) also scrolls any background UI.
~The Hunt Team