Build number: 583252
Hi all! Today we are releasing the next patch. As you remember we had sickness as a mechanism already in the game a while ago but we took it out again as it wasn’t properly working. Now the plague and friends are back and along with them we changed the way healing businesses work (check-out the PNs below). We also focused on a problem that was mentioned by you all a lot - the amount of trial scenes. That shouldn’t be an issue anymore. Additionally we added an exciting new element to how the needs of the citizens are changing. Check-it out and have fun playing!
NOTE: The multiplayer mode is NOT implemented in the normal version. If you want to test the multiplayer, you need to unlock the corresponding BETA version for your game.
- Open your games library and right-click on "The Guild 3".
- Click on "Properties" and in the following menu on the tab "BETAS".
- Enter the code "multiplayerbeta" and then click on "CHECK CODE".
- Now choose “mp-beta” in the beta dropdown above the input field.
You can switch between the normal game and the mp-beta if you choose the appropriate version in the beta dropdown. It then takes a moment for the necessary data to be downloaded before you can play.
We will remove this BETA version as soon as we have firmly integrated the multiplayer mode into the game.
If you have a restrictive firewall then you may have to manually open the following outgoing ports to be able to play in multiplayer:
- 61111 TCP & UDP
- 36895 TCP & UDP
- 36975 TCP & UDP
You can find these information as well in the FAQs Beta Multiplayer on our webpage!
- One big issue you all mentioned a lot in the forums as feedback are the sheer amount of trial scenes as soon as one of your family members holds an office. That’s why we made a lot of changes to that system. From now on, you will only see trial scenes if they affect the leader, spouse or heir of a dynasty. For your own employees, your office holder will automatically vote for the lowest level of punishment. You can change the verdict still manually in the calendar if you want. You will now clearly see in the calendar if you already submitted a verdict or not. This should make it easier for you to work through your trial backlog.
- Another big mechanism that we reworked and now properly integrated, is the healing services. You can now send your characters to healing businesses when a character is ill, wounded or poisoned. If you are operating a healing business you need to assign an employee to treatment duty. Citizens and of course other AI dynasties will also look for healing services if needed. They will select the business they want to get treated on based on how close the business is, how the relationship to the owner is and also how attractive the business is. You can also manually send your characters to get their ailments treated. The respective actions can be found in the “Urgent” action bar category.
- With the new healing services in place we brought back the influenza, leprosy, and the plague.
- With EA 0.9.1 we added an interesting new aspect to the economy. From now on actions can have an impact on the needs of your citizens. So for instance if there are lots of robberies or attacks the need for weapons will increase. We think this opens up a lot of new interesting combinations like first buying and hoarding weapons, secondly doing lots of aggressive actions and then sell those weapons for much higher prices.
- Cooldown time for buffs and debuffs is now updated live and not only when the tooltip is created.
- We added now information to all the options when you create a new game, so you know what those options will do.
- We changed the skill selection in the character creation screen, so the pop-up is not blocking cursor input anymore upon hovering over different skills.
- You have now the game time panel also available in all the scenes.
Please note: The game does not display/load save games from outdated patch versions as they have become incompatible due to the rework of core systems.
- Adjustments to item min/max price range as well as market profit margins to reduce overpowered profits through trading
- Adjusted some base prices for raw materials
- Adjusted how the market calculates the stock it needs to fulfill the needs of all the citizens.
- Some item production chains and build times have been adjusted, which also affects the prices of these items
- We added 3 new actions to your characters: Get illness treated, Get wounds healed and Get poison cured. You can now send a character for treatment if he or she is sick, injured or poisoned. You can select the building they should go to.
- With patch EA 0.9.1 we launch the brand new scenario map 'Heligoland'. This map is smaller than all other maps so far and its landscape is different as well: it is an island! Enjoy the island Heligoland in the North Sea, which is known and notorious for being the island used as the home port of pirates.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to remove the leader from the residence window, after executing the produce offspring action.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to deduct the costs for the “Bribe an official” action even if the action was canceled because the target was blocked.
- Fixed a bug that caused guards to not react properly when an enemy tried to conquer the guarded building.
- Fixed a bug that started the cooldown for some political action despite the actions were cancelled or no values were changed.
- Fixed a bug that caused the city hall to not show the office tree window correctly.
- Fixed a bug that caused AI dynasty leaders to still be able to produce items despite all workplaces being used already.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to show an unintended window upon double-clicking while placing a building.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to mess up the terrain upon placing a building under very weird circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not highlight all city districts and villages accordingly upon pressing the space key.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to ignore the second port on the Vienna map.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not remove the red enemy circle around NPCs after a fight finished.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to get stuck in the church scene upon adopting more than one child.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to calculate a trial date wrongly if it’s scheduled for midnight and when the years per round is set > 1.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not show all characters in the office voting scene.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not show the leave scene button properly which caused players to get stuck in a scene.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not hide a tooltip correctly after moving the cursor away from the button.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash upon leaving a building scene while in the meantime the building burnt down.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash upon trying to notify guards during the fight despite no defenders being alive anymore.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not show a proper pop-up upon trying to hire employees despite being out of funds.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to enable/disable the use front store option on spied on buildings.
- Fixed a bug that allowed characters to use romance actions with characters within a building.
- Fixed a bug that caused the building limit to be shown in the residence tooltip.
- Fixed a bug that caused the victory window to show up beneath the trial UI.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to always ask whether changes should be saved for a trade route despite no changes have been done.
- Fixed a bug that caused scroll bars to remember their position of the previous shown tutorial window.
- Fixed a bug that caused AI Dynasties to end alliances even though they had a good relationship
- Fixed a bug that caused the action “Extort protection money” to collect too much money at once.
Multiplayer - Bug fixes
- Fixed a bug that caused the client to crash upon being kicked by the host, while joining a game.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not properly propagate to all clients that the host disconnected.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to keep characters on the map despite being already dead in multiplayer games.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to start multiplayer games without entering a name for the lobby.
- Fixed a bug that caused characters to walk beneath bridges in multiplayer games.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to freeze upon clicking the cancel button while joining a multiplayer game.
- Right now, the animation cut scenes for the Herb Hut and the Hospital don’t work properly and cannot be used to get healthcare services.
If you are experiencing difficulties with loading and saving the game, you may attempt to delete all files from the folder "c:\Users[USERNAME]\Saved Games\Guild3\" (standard under Windows).
It is quite possible that some problems that you have in your game are caused by missing or corrupted files. In this case, the following can help: right-click on "The Guild 3" in your Steam library, then Properties - LOCAL FILES - VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES...
Join our official Discord server (link) where you can meet us (that is, when we take a break from developing games) and other players to chat about the game.
What we are planning for the next patch
As there were a lot of performance and stability issue reports we are fully focusing on improving performance and stability of the game again. Also all your feedback regarding the economy will be tackled. Additionally we are going to add an autosave functionality to the game.
A short outlook…
We want to make the sovereign position and how to obtain it more interesting. So we will tackle that topic next.
We value your feedback!
If you have the time, we would appreciate it if you could fill out a short survey regarding the changes we made in patch EA 0.9.1: Google Form
Please note: we do not collect any personal information other than your feedback - you will remain completely anonymous. This survey will end the day we release the next patch.