Third patch out now!
We just released our third post-launch patch - still mainly focused on bugfixes, but there's also a couple of quality-of-life changes and additions. As always, you can find the full changelog on on GitHub and in the game folder. Here's a summary of the most important changes:
- Improved server list. Can be sorted according to ping, name, compatibility or any of the other property in the list.
- Improved character editor.
- Fixed another ID mismatch problem that occasionally caused clients to get kicked out in multiplayer.
- Fixed players always getting range banned when banned by a client.
- More reliable fabricator and deconstructor syncing.
- EXPERIMENTAL: option to disable rewiring items in multiplayer.
- Fixed turrets not being aimed correctly in multiplayer if they're in another sub (e.g. the coilgun in Remora's drone).
- Fixed the position of an outpost's docking port not being taken into account when determining how to place it in the level. Caused large submarines sometimes to collide with walls when docked to outposts where the port is offset from the center.
- Reactors take other power sources into account when calculating how much power they need to generate. Fixes overloads on Humpback when turning on the backup batteries and operating the reactor normally.
- Fixed ladders and other resizeable items reverting to their original size if they're resized and the sub is saved and reloaded.
- Fixed inability to resize gaps in the sub editor after they've been placed.
Even though bughunting has kept us quite busy since the launch, the next big things on our todo list, simplified server hosting and improved anti-griefing mechanics, are also coming along nicely. If you want more info on what's to come in future updates, you can check out our Roadmap on Trello!