Awesome New Features
- Full 2-4 player Co-op mode:
- Co-op mode unlocked at level 20 for all maps.
- 13 New Co-op achievements.
- Special Co-op badges.
- Quick and easy matching making lobbies to get you straight into the action!
- Want to play with friends? We gotchu covered fam. Share your lobby codes with your friends to invite them into the action!
- Two new maps:
- Cargo - A brand new track with a brand new challenge, it’s freighteningly good.
- Park Path - A trip down memory lane for some of you from another game with monkeys that we know and love.
- New Hero Skin: DJ Benjammin’.
- New Fireworks Theme & Collection Event.
- Races have had a small rework which now adds a 0.2s delay between sending rounds. Multiple button presses will still queue up and release the rounds after this delay.
- Freeplay difficulty scaling and bloon groupings have had a massive rework to be considerably more difficult.
- 2 new options added to the challenge editor to spawn all Bloons & MOAB Children as ‘All Camo’ and/or ‘All Regrow’
- Towers should no longer ‘move slightly’ when you raise your finger, which would cause them to show valid placement while in a spot they couldn’t actually be placed
- Daily Chest rewards have been reworked to be overall a little more rewarding and varied
- Positioning towers has been improved. Towers will stay closer to the cursor/finger location to provide a more precise and smooth experience.
- General performance improvements.
- We took (many) months longer to get co-op working than originally planned but the goal from the outset was to keep simulation in sync so that we could do fun and competitive play when ready. Adding 4 player was super important to us to make the game more social, as well as the free-for-all placement areas. We appreciate your patience!
- Balance between fun factor and challenge is of course of supreme importance to us, so we had lots of discussion about heroes and tier 5s. We have allowed multiple heroes but xp is divided by number of players, so they advance more slowly. Each player can have their own tier 5s so no one gets locked out from their build choice by another player; eco is split fairly so progression is metered but multiple tier 5s of the same type are powerful, which is the core reason freeplay was toughened up.
- Private matches allow any platform to play with any other platform on the same version. Quick game matchmaker does try to create games between similar platform performance metrics first.
- Game input system was substantially revised. Mortar set target and Heli set patrol points now start with defaults and can be set from there. Tower portraits now need to be double tapped to get upgrade details (can’t single tap if already selected).
- Track relative positions were shifted slightly on some maps for co-op play: Pat’s Pond, Underground & End of the Road.
- Double Cash is not enabled in co-op currently - this is part technical and part fairness/fun. It is currently labelled single player only and we will be watching this with the community closely.
- Yes we intend to do races and challenges in co-op but these are not in this first release - that is another mountain of work, so thanks in advance for your patience there.
Bug Fixes & General Changes
- Added ‘Half-touch’ functionality. When the UI is open for a selected tower, tap and hold on the base of the tower to hide the UI and fully display any targets and or range it has. This functions for all towers but mainly applies to Mortar Targets, Advanced Intel Subs, Snipers & Heli Patrol Points as you will be able to see their targeting option.
- ‘Line of Sight’ has been removed as an enable/disable from the options menu.
- Resolved an issue with blowback/distraction effects which could cause bloons to become untargetable.
- Resolved some maps still displaying an Easter theme after the event’s end.
- Resolved an issue where Half Cash Mode only applied until round 80.
- Canceling the placement of Insta Monkeys will now function correctly.
- Resolved some lag issues with Races when sending lots of rounds together.
- Fixed some issues with blocking and removable objects on Rake, Peninsula, Tree Stump & Off The Coast.
- Fixed an issue causing sub-towers to not have their names translated.
- Fixed some sandbox options not being translated.
- Dragging a tower off the top of the screen should no longer sometimes cause it to jump to the center of the screen.
- Fixed an issue with Big Bloons mode sometimes causing towers to become enlarged
- Fit Farmers knowledge now correctly applies again without needing to reload your save game
- Profile saves containing any invalid Insta-Monkeys should now remove them rather than becoming corrupted
- Placing any Dart Monkey insta will no longer consume your free dart monkeys
- Resolved some issues with Ice Platforms produced by x4x Ice Monkeys
- Ice Monkey should correctly freeze bloons again when buffed by Pat Fusty’s Rallying Roar
- 2xx Advanced Intel no longer waits until the center pixel of blimps comes into radius before attacking
- 025 Buccaneer grapes now correctly use the fiery asset
- x4x Resolved a crash with support chinook redeploy
- x4x Wizard’s Phoenix should no longer stop attacking when villages are placed within its radius
- x5x Wizard Lord Phoenix correctly has a basic phoenix active whenever ability is down
- xx4 Necromancer has had some performance improvements
- Quickly upgrading to a temple should no longer skip the warning prompt
- Monkey Temple & range boost should now function correctly with Monkey Villages
- Ninja’s should no longer be able to occasionally shoot with an infinite range in specific setups
- x4x Bloon Sabotage no longer slows BADs
- 2xx Acidic Mixture Dip correctly applies +1 damage to Ceramics & MOABs again
- 5xx Permabrew will correctly apply bonus damage from Acidic Mixture Dip and both Brew & Dip buffs should save and load correctly
- xx5 Bloon Master Alchemist should again remove Camo & Regen properties from converted targets
- xx2 Heart of Vengeance save issues have been resolved
- xx4 Central Market’s bonus to Merchantmen Buccaneer should no longer be inconsistent when also using Trade Empire
- x4x Spike Storm correctly deals +4 damage to MOABs again instead of +3
- Resolved an issue with placing multiple Villages nearby each other that could cancel out the Jungle Drums bonus with certain crosspaths
- xx5 Monkeyopolis can no longer be given so little investment that it does not ever produce any cash
- Gwendolin will again play an animation when activating her level 10 Firestorm
- Resolved multiple game crashes related to Obyn’s Totems & Wall of Trees
- Churchills MOAB Barrage correctly counts damage again after level 11 and onwards
- Benjamin’s Biohack will no longer apply to Benjamin, Techbot or Energizing Totem
- When popping a bloon affected by Trojan a cash amount will display
- Ezili’s Sacrificial Totem will now correctly activate the Bomb Blitz and Elite Defender Live’s Lost abilities
- Hitting enter on some screens with ‘Go’ pop-ups will now progress to the next screen
- Resolved some issues with holding down a tower hotkey to place multiple copies of it
- Heli Pilots should no longer cause save files to not load sometimes
- Road item powers now work correctly in Click & Drop mode
- Click & Drop mode should no longer open the upgrades menu sometimes when attempting to place the same tower multiple times
- Hotkeys work in any placement mode and the message warning they do not is removed
- x4x Blade Maelstrom ability duration increased from 2s -> 3
- x5x Super Maelstrom ability duration increased from 6s -> 9
- 4xx Maim MOAB no longer applies stun art to BADs
- x1x Night Vision now gives the sniper a damage bonus to any Camo Bloons it hits +2
- xx5 Elite Defender now grants a speed boost equal to the % of the track that the bloons have covered. E.g. If the bloons are half way through the map Elite Defender will grant 50% attack speed. If the bloons are three quarters through the map, Elite Defender will grans 75% attack speed.
- Heli targeting has been re-worked. Lock in Place and Patrol Points will no longer immediately ask you to pick a location and instead function similarly to re-targeting a Mortar. Swapping away from these targeting modes and back again will remember the last targeting that you had set until you change this again
- 5xx The Biggest One bonus damage to ceramics and higher reduced from 40 -> 20
- 5xx The Biggest One larger shockwave radius now deals +20 damage to ceramics
- x5x Pop and Awe ability damage increased from 2 -> 10
- xx5 Blooncineration can now remove camo from DDTs without knowledge being required
- xx5 Blooncineration price reduced from $55,000 to 45,000
- xx4 Price reduced from $3500 -> 2800
- xx5 Prince of Darkness now gives +1 damage to Zombies from any Necromancer
- xx5 Prince of Darkness now gives +50% duration to Zombies from any Necromancer
- xx5 Prince of Darkness range increased from 40 -> 80
- x3x Shinobi Tactics now also applies its 8% attack rate buff to pierce as well (Up to a 160% max increase)
- Total Transformation will no longer allow the transformed Monster Monkeys to stack other buffs
- 5xx Banana Central now has 4x the strength of a normal Banana Research Facility
- 5xx Super Mines attack rate increased by about 20%
- xx5 Monkeyopolis will now produce a maximum of 10 crates per round, and each of these crates will produce a scaling amount of cash based on the farms consumed
- Quincy’s base projectile speed increased from 320 -> 420
- Quincy’s level 7 Exploding Arrow’s now continue to pierce and ricochet after the initial explosion
- Quincy’s level 10 Arrow Storm damage increased from 3 -> 6
- Quincy’s level 10 Arrow Storm deals 2x damage to MOAB-Class bloons
- Quincy’s level 20 Arrow Storm damage increased from 5 -> 10
- Obyn Greenfoot’s price increased from $600 -> 650
- Obyn’s level 2 Nature’s Wrath pierce buff reduced from 2 -> 1
- Obyn’s level 11 now also increases Nature’s Wrath pierce from 1 -> 3
- Benjamin level 3 Biohack cooldown reduced from 45s -> 30
- Benjamin level 7 Trojan now awards $1 for each tier of Bloon affected with the virus
- Benjamin level 9 Bank hack increased from 8% -> 12%
- Benjamin level 13 Biohack damage bonus increased from 1 -> 2
- Benjamin level 16 Trojan now awards $2 for each Bloon Tier
- Benjamin level 19 Biohack damage bonus increased from 2 -> 3
- Ezili’s level 1 basic attack now immediately has an 8 radius, 5 pierce splash for 1 damage
- Ezili’s level 4 curse now allows the main attack to curse all targets hit by the splash
- The Time Stop power has been completely reworked
- Bloons now move at 10% of their normal speed during Time Stop
- Tower attack rates and move speeds are reduced to 30% of their normal rate
- Tower Ability Cooldowns function normally