First part of the 0.6 update. Missing several features from the roadmap for 0.6, a lot of the time since launch was spent on optimizations and bug fixes.
Overhauled Healthcare system
- Individual wounds are tracked.
- Doctors will treat wounds, causing them to heal faster while reducing penalties and stopping bleeding. Bandages and splints can be use to improve treatment quality (but are optional)
- The quality of treatment depends on their skill and the item used. Higher quality treatments cause wounds to heal faster and the treatment to last for longer.
- Treatments also lower or remove penalties from wounds.
- Serious wounds need multiple treatments to cure fully.
- New healthcare settings panel to set thresholds for when colonists seek treatment.
Overhauled pipe and mechanism system
- You will need to redo your water systems from old save games.
- Pipes are no longer auto generated but have to be placed manually.
- Pipes and mechanisms can go through solid terrain blocks.
- New overlay for pipes/mechanisms to make placement easier.
- New models for pipes, mechanisms, water pump, and windmill.
- Improved water to be more stable and evaporate less.
- New items: stone pipe, wooden pipe, and mechanisms. Easier to carry and less resources needed for building mechanisms/pipes.
Improved item rendering system.
- Fancy GPU instancing system for rendering items. Bases with a lot of items lying around should run a lot faster.
- Together with the plant rendering system improvements the game should be a lot less GPU bound now and the code involving the two is now a lot cleaner.
Other fixes and changes
- Tweaked balance to allow colonists to sleep, eat, and drink less often.
- Tweaked colonist inventory size, they can carry slightly more now, barrels also can store more items.
- Increased costs of advanced research.
- Constructing things like ladders from the top down is now possible, colonists can place materials within reach of the building instead of having to place the materials only at the base.
- Fixed ballista and catapult attacking sheep and not aggroing targets.
- New stone gate building (requires stone wall research).
- Fixed farmers not picking up seeds on stairs.
- Fixed grate alignment.
- Fixed bury body job.
- Fixed children not growing properly (much lower stats than they should have).
- Fixed dropdown menus breaking if panel is closed with them open.
- Made selection boxes brighter to stand out more from the terrain.
- Optimizations for pathing in cases where hostiles are blocked from base.
- Fixed terrain meshing algorithm leaving holes in the terrain for certain edge cases.
- Fixed water and building visuals not showing up after loading a second game.
- Fixed prospecting system not correctly updating close hits and sometimes breaking when loading a game.
- New stone gate building.
Changed files in this update