Version ID: HP
Well, that took a bit. There was a large under-the-hood change that prevented patching until it was completed. Everything should now work again, although I'm slightly scared of the possibility that this not be the case.
A lot of the work being done in the game at the moment is aimed towards being able to start proper work on the official level editor. Apologies for some longer-standing bugs still being in the game. Anyway!
Fixes & tweaks:
- New option in the settings menu! You can now disable screenshake.
- There's a new secret thing in the game!
- The map [spoiler]Center[/spoiler] now has a clear counter like other maps, so you can actually fully finish it. This should retroactively activate if you've already cleared the map.
- Changed the way the level selector works. This shouldn't affect the playing experience apart from one level adjustment listed below. If you note new bugs with the level selector, I'm very interested in knowing about them.
- Very end-game stuff: [spoiler]If you'd try to enter two levels at once, the game now opens a menu to pick from.[/spoiler]
- Added a visual indicator for movement that "fails" (i.e. ends up not moving the object). So if Baba moves against a Shifting object, you'll now get a small visual indicator that some movement happened.
- Fixed a buggy cutscene when the player states [spoiler]All Is Win And Done[/spoiler]
- A large adjustment where all relevant sprites were moved to a "general" sprite folder instead of many of them being specific to the main game
- You can now use "Return to map" in [spoiler]???[/spoiler]
- Elusive condition (prevented an unintended & tedious solution, found in [spoiler]Space[/spoiler])
- Floodgates (used to have tons of rules, adjusted the level to have the same idea with less fixed rules, found in [spoiler]Chasm[/spoiler])
- A Way Out? (just blocked off a bit of the level that could've worked like a red herring, found on the main map)
- Another Way (same as above, found in [spoiler]Meta[/spoiler])
- ??? (changed the level to account for changes mentioned above ([spoiler]the map selector behaving like an object made an interaction in this level break stuff, now the level accounts for that[/spoiler]))
For modders (spoilers!):
- The maximum object number has been increased to 150, with Cursor using object150
- The map selector/cursor is now an object instead of its own thing. This means that it can be Pushed/Pulled and so on. As a result of this, the old "Set Selector" button in the unfinished editor now spawns one of these Cursor objects at the beginning of the level (assuming there isn't a Cursor there already). One Cursor is selected as the "main cursor" and when you beat a level, only the main cursor is positioned onto the beaten level.
- A new intrinsic rule has been added to rules.lua, "Cursor Is Select". Select governs objects that work like map selectors. If you want to use it in your levelpacks, be wary in that it can be wonky in some special cases.
- If you're using [spoiler]letters[/spoiler] in a level, you can now add the line "customobjects" to that level's .ld file to define custom words that are considered valid when creating the rules. These words gain the word type 8, which you need to enable for conditionals etc. using the "argtype" quality.
Changed files in this update