Today's update includes the new tree chopping system as well as some other improvements and fixes.
- Chopping down a tree now causes the tree to fall, leaving a stump, parts of the trunk and tree canopies rather than just disappearing.
- Rather than spawning logs, parts of the trunk can be collected directly.
- After a few moments, the parts of the trunk that cannot be collected and the tree canopies fall out of view.
- When an NPC chops down a tree or if a tree is cursed the old system is used.
I think this new system is way more visually pleasing, so much so that I'm thinking about doing something new with the rocks too!
Other Stuff in This Build
- Fixed a bug that caused the optimization system to turn on all of the cursed particles regardless of distance. This could cause a noticeable performance drop.
- The Dwarf model will no longer appear when you are polymorphed into an Orc.
- Added a quick error message that appears when you click the craft button but haven't selected an item or building yet.
- Fixed a bug with storage chests that sometimes caused the system to think you were placing a new chest when you are moving an already placed chest. This could cause the system to get confused and place items in the wrong chest or lose them entirely.
- Added an Anti-aliasing slider to the settings screens.
And a quick thank you to everyone who has been posting feedback, sending bug reports, and writing reviews for HammerHelm. I appreciate all of the support very much! ːsteamhappyː