Today's update includes some tweaks based on your feedback - most notably regarding stamina - and some graphical changes to make the new water look better. This was mostly reducing the overall saturation that was blowing out some colors, especially blue.
- Increased sprint speed.
- Reduced Stamina use while sprinting.
- Fixed a bug that failed to activate sprinting if you pressed the sprint button first and then ran forward.
- Improved benefit from athletics when sprinting.
- Increased stamina recovery when running and when idle.
- Lowered wood, stone, and gold cost of Champion's Home.
- Adjusted Lighting for new water.
- Lowered Tree Fall Sound Volume - this was way too loud.
- Updated assign metalworker quest text to make it more clear to click the + sign.
Another note regarding stamina.
I'm considering getting rid of it as part of the sprinting system and only using it as part of the new combat system. So you could sprint as much as you want and maybe even set sprint to be the default run (and press shift to slow down). I'm just not sure stamina and sprinting is fun even with the above changes.
Curious what you all think of that?
I'm also finishing up the new falling trees system. Was playing around with different settings to get them to look the way I want and got this result.
Sometimes it's better to leave well enough alone. :) So I reset the settings and made some other adjustments and I'm really happy with the result.
Now I'm going to hook all of this up to the tree chopping system and also create more optimized versions of these that don't leave behind any logs to collect for when a Worker chops down a tree. These will look similar to the current falling trees except they will fall at the same location as the new trees (rather than the whole tree falling over) and leave a stump behind for a short period of time.
Should have this done for tomorrow's update!