Thank you for all the reports and feedback! Today we are releasing a hotfix to address a few bugs, and add some new content.
Content and Features
- Brightened lighting in all maps
- Added updated Quarantine Night to map list.
- Added the OEG sight and PK-AS to the support and rifleman classes.
- Replaced the smoke grenade effect with a new and improved version.
- Suppression and flash bang effect have been improved.
- AMD Fix - Replaced several obsolete effects that could not be rendered properly in single-pass instanced mode on AMD cards with new effects.
- Hold to Grip will be enabled by default for new players with Index controllers. It will also be enabled for all existing players with Index controllers once only for this patch.
- Made more transitions based on server time and independent of framerate.
- Improved distortion and garbling of player voice chat when in the tent.
- More maps will be released as soon as their light bakes are finalized! We are going to continue to release maps in waves.
- Upgraded our Unity version to 2018.4.2.
- Optimized the performance of our usage of SteamVR by 50%.
- Improved how projectiles and explosions are initially loaded, so there should be less hitching when the first bullet of a round is fired or the first explosion occurs.
- Fixed trees, individual bullets in magazines, and other map objects being needlessly flagged as dynamic for the purposes of occlusion culling, greatly improving performance.
- Optimized network traffic
- Improved performance and memory usage when using the tablet.
- Fixed Index users sprinting slower than intended.
- Fixed being able to spawn outside of the map when moving around your playspace while respawning in certain game modes.
- Fixed RPGs and underbarrel grenades not blowing up C4 charges.
- RPG backblast should no longer be able to damage people on the other side of a wall if you clip the RPG through the wall.
- Shots fired in very close proximity to other players now damage them more consistently.
- Fix bullet holes appearing in mid air when you shoot the Recon Drone.
- You can no longer use the spawn on fireteam leader button to spawn on a dead fireteam leader in Uplink Assault.
- You can no longer put a magazine on a table and wave a gun over it to load the magazine; magazines must be in your hands to be loaded into a gun.
- Fixed flashlight positions on the M39 and SA80 to stop shadows being cast by the barrel of the gun or its attachments.
- Fixed glass on pistol flashlights being solid white.
- Fixed the slider on the TT-30 pistol not moving as intended.
- Allowed Molotovs to function even without an owner, for example if the player that threw them disconnects.
- Fixed a massive pile of guns raining in the main menu scenes if you fail to join a lobby because it is full.
- Player nameplates no longer face random arbitrary directions when leaving first person view in desktop spectate mode.
- Fixed strange spectator camera movement when going back to a saved camera position if the mouse has not moved.
- Increased the width of team names in desktop spectating to reduce the likelihood of them going offscreen.
- Fixed spectator dot icons under team names not updating properly when players in previous rounds don't spawn into the next round.
- Reduced scale of spectator objective icons.
- Fixed VIP button not greying out when pressed.
- Fixed the lighter being capable of lighting Molotovs from far away.
- Fixed evac flares spawning in strange positions in many maps.
- Adjusted evac helicopters’ network rotations to more efficiently rotate towards their destinations.
- Fixed unreachable evac helicopter spawns in Quarantine
- Fixed the tablet map on Cargo appearing solid black or not appearing at all.
- Fixed strange artifacts causing the clouds on Quarantine Night to appear “split”.
- Fixed bots floating in mid-air on Suburbia.
- Load times are longer than in v1.5, and will be addressed in the next hotfix
- Quarantine trees have been disabled while we optimize them more, they will return.
- Odd material glitch in a bazaar building.
- Player animations can rotate in in the wrong direction when sprinting.
We apologize again for the inconvenience and issues with the initial launch of v1.6. We are working hard to make sure we deliver the rest of 1.6 ASAP! Thanks again for the continued support!
Stay updated on Onward, converse with the community, test builds, and participate in organized competitive events by joining our Discord!