At last, we combined all experimental features in a single version for you all to enjoy!
We polished Valve Index controller support, but if you already had Vive wands, you can use them on the feet, or as a tracker in any app. Now you can convert Steam Controller dongles into Vive/Index controller receptors using NaLo, or use them with other headsets, using the new tool to align VR spaces.
We also added explicit Rift S support, with two new activators: filtered joystick touch support and virtual thumb rest (detecting the thumb on the border of the controller even though there is no sensor there).
You can use two smartphones as foot trackers, or two joycons and a spmartphone on the pocket.
List of changes:
- Added Rift S support, defaulting to joystick touch (with added movement filter).
- Add a virtual thumb rest option (for Rift S users used to the old controllers).
- Promoted walk in place with trackers (from beta to current), improved UI.
- Promoted walk in place with Joycons, PS Move or smartphones (from experimental to current).
- Improved foot speed detection (for PS Move/Joycons) and room scale filter.
- Fixed smartphone app to work without webview.
- Removed all beta branches.
- Added support for Valve Index controllers.
- Added support for using only the hand controllers as foot trackers for testing.
- Improved SteamVR controller conversion into trackers (for use in any game or app).
- Fixed VR space calibration (synchronize lighthouse-based controllers with other headsets).
- Improved VR space calibration UI, added video tutorials.
- Added tutorial videos for VR space calibration for Windows Mixed Reality, Rift and Rift S headsets, Vive and Valve Index controllers, and Vive trackers.
- Filtered clicking joystick when walking fast or running.
- Added fitness tracking (distances or steps walked for each profile).
- Added alternate joystick/trackpad emulation options for foot trackers.
- Warn of SteamVR safe mode and offer steps to solve it.
- Detect absence of activateMultipleDrivers and offer to enable it.
- Add tool to convert Steam Controller dongles into Vive/Index controller dongles.
- Removed "old skyrim mode" and "trackpad click passthrough" options from UI (they're workarounds now).
- Added "workarounds" field, where specific workarounds for some games can be added.
- Added Pipboy workaround to always enable touchpad when arm is tilted for Pipboy.
- Added joystick click workaround for some Rift games running in Vive mode.
- Made some other workarounds explicit by using the field.
- Fixed orientation remaps that didn't work for some joystick/trackpad emulation options.
- Fixed jumping with foot trackers when uncrouching regardless of the setting.
- Removed Vive Pro option, now detected automatically.
- Improved some UI texts, fixed typos.
- Fixed oculus touch clicking several times very quickly.
- Removed activator buttons that don't work in the current controller.
- Changed font and style of text.
- Other minor UI changes.
- Fixed message boxes being too small.
- Fixed app breaking showing just a white window.
- Fixed WMR controllers handness detection once again.
- Many minor bug fixes.
List of added and updated profiles:
- Updated Pavlov VR
- Added Escape Legacy VR
- Improved FO4 profile
- Added Sairento
- Added The Solus Project
- Added STAND OUT
- Added ZomDay
- Added Windlands 2
- Added Zero Caliber VR
- Re-added Kartong for WMR
- Added DOOM 3 BFG VR: Fully Possessed
- Added DOOM VFR
- Added Escape Legacy VR
- Updated Rec Room profile (fixed curve and added jump)
- Fixed The Talos Principle for Rift
- Fixed Witching Tower for Rift
- Fixed instructions for Alien Isolation (MotherVR mod) for Rift
- Added warning to The Forest to open manually
- Updated COMPOUND
As always, send us any question or suggestion to the community forum.
Updates after publication:
- Removed beta branch which was left by mistake.
- Fixed an issue that prevented disabling safe mode, enabling activateMultipleDrivers, changing tracker roles or accessing the smartphone pairing screen.
- Fixed "feet mode" tab not working.
- Added a warning for Valve Index headset users, as we're troubleshooting issues. We'll receive ours on Monday.
- Fixed Valve Index controllers not having thumbstick touch/press activation.
- Fixed not showing message of correct procedure for outdated driver.
- Fixed issue for users of Valve Index controllers without previous configurations.
- Fixed dongle converter not working.