Hello friends! We've got a nice big update today!
VALVE INDEX SUPPORT
We've added support for the Valve Index HMD and Controllers, as well as fully articulated hand models. This includes support for the new SteamVR input API - you're free to customize input layouts and share your configs on steam workshop. Let us know if you find a layout that you think is awesome.
COSMIC RAY BLASTER
This new weapon allows you to shoot enemies with precision, or launch a charged orb shot and detonate it mid-air for huge damage.
We've added classic and advanced configs which supports a new directional instant-select for weapons (forward for frisbee, up for bubble gun, sideways for shield, and down for blaster) which really helps swapping weapons frantically in the heat of battle.
As for performance, the game is now building with IL2CPP which will give a large CPU speedup. This especially helps with a lot of enemies and drones around the map. The GPU performance should be improved performance from various updates and scene optimizations too, which will help a lot on the higher resolution headsets.
There's a ton of other quality tweaks, balance changes and general fixes too.
Also the bot swag items (sunglasses, crown, etc) now give the bots a small boost to health and armor!
See the forum for more info on the Steam Input bindings, and let us know if you have any issues. The previous build will be up on the 'previous-patch' steam branch if you run into any issues.
- updated to unity 2019.1.8f1
- updated stylized fog plugin
- updated amplify color plugin
- updated to .net4
- updated ovr from 1.14 to 1.22
- added new steamvr input api support
- added new cosmic ray gun
- added new hands models
- added new models for controllers
- added new advanced input configs
- added oculus 2.0 dash support
- change to single-pass rendering
- change to IL2CPP build
- improved antialiasing
- improved score ui layou
- optimize waterfall scene
- optimize cave scene
- optimize map rendering
- optimize menu rendering
- fix drones going too far in waterfall
- fix portal preview cubemaps
- fix log file directory
- fix save file path handling issues
- fix population structure spring position
- fix some enemy buildings not showing
- fix some objects taking collision damage
- reduce haptic force slightly
- balance: improved bubble gun shot rate
- balance: roller enemy hp down
- balance: slippy enemy hp down
- balance: adjust scaling on waterfall mode
- balance: tweak antibody enemy attack animation
- balance: tweak macaroon enemy attack timing
- balance: reduce large enemy spawns