Today we announced a hotfix for Update 1.3 to address feedback from players over the Free Weekend. Today's hotfix includes major optimization for co-op AI spawning, changes to address vehicle stuttering, fixes for Steam cloud-related issues and several improvements to the limited time arcade mode ‘Frenzy’.
This update is now live, and you can view the full change list below.
As always, community feedback helps us improve the game, so we ask anyone experiencing issues after today’s patch to leave constructive feedback on the official forums or Steam forums detailing; hardware set-up, in-game settings, videos/images, and where possible, any reproduction steps.
- Heavily optimized the coop bot spawn logic to resolve server-side hitches resulting in client-side lag spikes / rubber-banding due to bot spawning.
- Fixed an issue resulting in vehicles stuttering wildly and at varying angles when servers undergo a larger amount of stress either due to a high player count, fire support, or the combination of the two.
- Fixed an issue where XP gain was not being visually communicated to players correctly at the end of a game. XP gain was still being recorded correctly on the stats back-end throughout the duration of this issue however.
- Steam Cloud
- Fixed an issue that caused randomized cosmetics presets to get uploaded to the Steam Cloud.
- Fixed an issue that discarded custom cosmetics presets.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the user from disabling Steam Cloud synchronization.
- Fixed an issue where Frenzy bot “Flamer” ragdoll fire damage volumes would persist on the ragdoll for longer than the fire particle, this resulted in invisible damaging fire.
- Fixed an issue where respawning Frenzy bot “Flamer” class bots would respawn and continue to inflict damage to themselves and the surrounding area causing a respawn chain until they changed class.
- Fixed an issue where Frenzy bots could occasionally spawn with varying effects, such as voice pitch and particles, for classes that were not allocated to them.
- Fixed an issue where bots were being teleported to their squad leader during the pre-round instead of allowing them to remain in their designated cover positions.
- Fixed an issue where ready animations were not playing for the QBZ-03 and Alpha AK when equipped with a foregrip and drum magazine combination.
- Fixed an issue with the AKM where if equipped with a foregrip and drum magazine combination it would play the incorrect reload due to referencing the wrong drum magazine upgrade.
- Fixed an issue where tracer rounds were not available on the VHS-2 and QBZ-03.
- Fix an issue where vehicle impact sounds would be triggered on physics corrections instead of impacts.
Blocked curtains in the room under security side porch adjacent to Insurgent Push Objective A to prevent clipping.
Blocked access to a roof in the shantytown that was being exploited.
Fixed an issue allowing players to access a point on the mountain which could be exploited on Push Security.
Fixed a potential exploit on Push Security allowing insurgents to see into the Security spawn for objective Alpha.
- [VoIP] - Occasionally certain players may not be audible to others when using VoIP and instead only transmit radio beeps.
- [Bots] - Bots may occasionally be rendered as invisible in certain edge cases.
- [Audio] - Weapon audio may occasionally be left looping until the offending weapon is picked up from the ground. We have a potential fix for this and will be deploying it once it has been tested.
- [SLI] - Nvidia has disabled the SLI profile for Insurgency: Sandstorm temporarily until they further investigate an issue with Unreal Engine 4.22. If SLI is enabled directly in the control panel this will result in geometry strobing on screen. We suggest all users running SLI ensure that this is disabled in the control panel if it has been enabled at that level.