That's right, the second update! After the first update we've been getting loads of new feedback from you. We've done our best to improve the game accordingly, check it out!
We've been getting feedback that a lot of players had trouble navigating through the ships. After some alien implementation we have upgraded the your HUD to include the layout of each ship to guide you through your heroic endeavors.
The game was too easy according to many of you. Aliens have now stepped up their game. Clearing rooms inside a ship will now spawn new waves with increasing difficulty.
The aliens have upgraded their ship to include snack machines. For Captain Starshot this means he can purchase some new juicy upgrades for him and his crew!
We have heard the feedback that it was difficult to shoot in space so we made some improvements ːsteamhappyː
Fixes & improvements
On foot fixes
- Locked doors. You will encounter locked doors on ships that require a key to open.
Fixes affecting all environments
- Players were able to skip the analytics notification by pressing 'quickstart' during the introduction video. We've changedit so that the first time you launch it you are not able to quickstart so you will have to check out the analytics disclaimer. Any sessions after that you will be able to skip. This means some of you might need to re-watch the entire thing.
- New menu art
- Space objectives. When warping to another sector you will encounter a space station giving you a bit of narrative guidance.
- The User Interface should now consistently indicate the correct amount of crewmembers, with their correct health.
- There should no longer be rooms missing in the generation
- Options Menu settings are saved between sessions now.
- Health can no longer be picked up when the player is already full health.
- Health pickups spawned from abilities now properly get removed from the ship
- Sniper enemy can no longer leave the room when it teleports.
- Keys are now orbs and have new visuals that better fit the game
- Pickups now show if you can pick them up.
- Health pickups now display a message if you cannot pick them up
- Abilities now display a message if you cannot pick them up (detailing why (crew max abilities / no crew))
- The death sound no longer plays twice when a turret dies in space
- Abilities and modifiers without art have been disabled
[/h1]There's a whole washinglist of issues, improvement points and bugs that we are aware of. Some of them are already fixed but were not able to get tested so they were not included in this update. You can find the list here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1037410/discussions/0/
Thank you all for the feedback. Please keep it coming!