I want to start by saying that this may be one of my favourite updates in a long time, not that I don't like monster trainers or the improved arena or anything like that, but as the developer of a video game it's very hard to find something new that you haven't seen before, I've made every aspect of this game myself so I know it like my own hand... Until now.
As of the last Warsim update we had 396'775 races in the game, which I'll admit is a lot still, more than anyone could hope to see in 10'000 warsim playthroughs, but I wanted to find a way to get this number higher with a plan to submit the final figure to guiness as a possible video game world record.
After a lot more beasts added, tons of race prefixes, and some new types of race modifications things were looking good, but the real twist was a new concept to combine some of the race prefixes by splitting them into two categories, I thought about the elder scrolls and how they have Dark Elves in the game just like you can find in Warsim, I thought you could also get Reaving Dark Elves and it wouldn't sound out of place, but you couldn't have Reaving Laughing Elves, that just sounds silly.
So I split all of the prefixes into two categories, ones that are more like states and others that are more like traits, this creates a huge combo system where some races will use to random but mergeable traits to create races that we can't imagine, so to follow my earlier point about being a dev, with this new system the races that come from it are completely beyond my imagination and are basically always a surprise for me despite the fact I made the game, meaning I can experience things like the players do!
I am so hyped to bring this update to you guys and I hope you find some weird and wonderful races as a result of this, feel free to share any really weird ones or funny ones!
Oh and with all the new content and the new system in place, the total number of possible races in Warsim as of this update are... 55'822'936! 55.8 Million races! Hopefully we'll hear back from the world record people and Warsim can potentially get a world record!
RACE GENERATOR WORLD RECORD ATTEMPT
- Added new race prefix stack system for race generation allowing for some extended race prefixes
- Added tons of new beast races to the game
- Total races in Warsim now 55'822'936 (was 396'775 as of last update)
Some new races added, Fungus folk are kind of like mushroom men but green and with different troop trees, People are a new race of humanoids who differ to normal humans a little bit, and finally beast races now have additional modifiers that can get us some more weird and wonderful races like Demi-Pugs or Exo-Snails!
- Added new base race 'Fungus Folk' (Seedling, Living Fungus, Fungus Master) large population, really weak lower tier unit
- Added new type of animal race 'Exo' (Exo-Dogs, Exo-Tigers, Exo-Worms)
- Added new race type 'People' (Person, Warrior Person, Guardian Person)
- Added new type of animal race 'Demi' (Demi-Hawks, Demi-Wolves, Demi-Frogs)
NEW RACE PREFIXES
I'm actually really happy with a lot of these prefixes, some of them are little more than race descriptions and have no bearing on how they act, but generally as a rule I like to make the prefixes have an effect if I can, this allows for different races to have completely differing effects and with the new update it's possible for some of these to stack in weird ways. My favourite of the new prefixes are Fragile which sets the race to such low strength it would be light fighting glass people, Crying which has them cry out if you attack their lands, and Deformed which removes a random part of the deformed creatures face creating all manner of weird looking people!
- Added new race prefix 'Sparse' slightly more savage, +5 battlescore, obsurdly low population
- Added new race prefix 'Breeding' 5x population -10 battlescore
- Added new race prefix 'Subterranian' +12 battlescore
- Added new race prefix 'Planes'
- Added new race prefix 'Fragile' immensely weaker
- Added new race prefix 'Violet' dark purple skin
- Added new race prefix 'Shrouded' +25 battlescore, half population, surrounded in grey smoke
- Added new race prefix 'Fog' +3 battlescore, surroudned in light grey fog
- Added new race prefix 'Marsh' +3 battlescore -5 population level (credit bookrage @audiogames.net)
- Added new race prefix 'Dreaded' +35 battlescore, always evil, -1 civilisation level (credit bookrage @audiogames.net)
- Added new race prefix 'Juvenile' childlike faces, half battlescore
- Added new race prefix 'Banished' -5 battlescore, half civilisation (Credit Ash)
- Added new race prefix 'Frozen' half population, -10 battlescore, inside a block of ice graphic
- Added new race prefix 'Laughing' +2 battlescore, before being attacked they do a warlaugh
- Added new race prefix 'Elite' +40 battlescore, most of their starting units will be higher tier units, half population
- Added new race prefix 'Ivory' white skin (credit Ash)
- Added new race prefix 'Chanting' +4 battlescore, +1 civ level, before being attacked they will chant (credit Ash)
- Added new race prefix 'Brooding' -8 battlescore, 4x Population (credit Ash)
- Added new race prefix 'Deformed' -5 battlescore, half population, -1 civ level, faces will have missing parts (credit Ash)
- Added new race prefix 'Disfigured' -10 battlecore, faces will have missing parts
- Added new race prefix 'Inbred' half battlescore, double population, -2 civ level, faces will have missing parts
- Added new race prefix 'Tropical'
- Added new race prefix 'Cackling' +5 battlescore, will let off creepy cackle before lands are attacked
- Added new race prefix 'Combat' +34 battlescore
- Added new race prefix 'Tideland'
- Added new race prefix 'Ravine'
- Added new race prefix 'Ditch' -4 battlescore
- Added new race prefix 'Crying' -10 battlescore, cries before being attacked
- Added new race prefix 'Translucent' +1 battlescore, invisible without copy/paste or seer's stone artifact (credit Ash)
- Added new race prefix 'Colourful' +3 battlescore, random skin colour changes
- Added new race prefix 'Majestic' +1 battlescore (credit Ash)
- Added new race prefix 'Action' +12 battlescore
- Added new race prefix 'Mud'
- Added new race prefix 'Feral' +7 Battlescore, automatically savage (lowest civilisation level, no diplomacy)
- Added new race prefix 'Tormented' -5 Battlescore
- Added new race prefix 'Minor' -9 Battlescore
- Added new race prefix 'Tomb'
- Added new race prefix 'Crater' +2 Battlescore
- Added new race prefix 'Underpass' Grey skin
- Added new race prefix 'Pond' -1 Battlescore
- Added new race prefix 'Lake'
- Added new race prefix 'Ocean' Blue skin
- Added new race prefix 'Dust'
- Added new race prefix 'Gorge' +13 Battlescore, half population
- Added new race prefix 'Cowardly' -15 Battlescore, wont attack people
- Added new race prefix 'Glacial' light blue skin
- Added new race prefix 'Surface'
- Added new race prefix 'Edge'
Just a few new monster parts (adding a total of 2213 more monsters) but for real if anyone wants to hop into the ingame monster part generator and make some of their own, feel free to do that and send them to me, happy to get more monster content into the game!
- Added 3 new monster parts (adds 2213 new monsters)
A few small fixes found mostly in this video also thanks /u/vylcount!
- Fixed a red skinned man text bug (two occurances)
- Fixed 'spent' instead of 'spend' text bug
- Fixed grammar issue with farmer visitor to monster pit
- Fixed underworld creatures not evil by default
- Fixed bug in eagle description text and eagle-humanoid battlescore
- Fixed final score of timed games not including gold in the bank (credit u/Vylcount)
Some tweaks to some of the race prefixes, a few new giant names (like Bigfoot, Boulder, and Cloudtoucher) A new book, a nice little add on to mercenaries assessment screen and a new screen when attacking the rebel captial!
- Made swamp races now slightly less numerous (as swamplands are harder to populate)
- Made pygmy races now have smaller faces
- Added 8 new giant names
- Added new book to guildrow library 'Koova and the Half-Giant King'
- Added battlescore info to assesment of mercenaries (credit Bookrage @audiogames.net)
- Added screen to attacking rebel capital
Thanks for the support and the feedback I've been getting! I really appreciate you guys :)
Also if anyone doesn't have the game yet or you know someone who might want it, Itch.io has a 50% summer sale on and Warsim is significantly reduced!
See you in the next changelog!