Greetings Survivors! Welcome to Project Winter: The Social Update! For this update we have mostly focused on improving quality of life aspects of existing features. Here are the new things you can expect from this update:
Profile / Social Rating Page:
- Players can now access a “Profile” page from the main menu UI where their social rating (see below) is displayed, as well as their lifetime statistics that track from today onward. This is the first part of a multiple iteration feature that will continue to improve in the near future
Social Rating system:
- Players now have a social rating system that displays how well they do in the game and how cooperative they are. Details on the system are:
- All players now have a badge next to their names that displays their social rating level.
- Every Player starts with the same rating of ‘base’ positive (Bronze Badge)
- You social rating is improved whenever a player gives you a thumbs up at the end of every match. The max positive social level a player can reach is Gold.
- Your social rating is negatively affected when a player reports you. If your social rating degrades below the base “bronze” level, your name will display an exclamation mark badge next to it.
- Rating inactivity will cause your social rating to reset back to base Bronze level over time.
- Players can report other players a maximum of 3 times per day. This helps avoid abusing the system.
New Objective challenges! See what happens when nature teams up against your chances of survival.
Error messaging handling: “Player reported” and “Banned / timed out account” messages have more contextual information and options for affected players.
Trap disarming kit: Players can now find and craft trap disarming kits in game.
Rematch: Players can now choose to rematch their current team mates. The option becomes available at the end of every match.
Quick match: Click it, join a match, play.
Survival points balancing: We’ve made tweaks to the survival points system to emphasize cooperative gameplay. End of game goals are now prioritized for points over the single bonus objectives that can be claimed in game.
Housekeeping and bug squashing:
- Numerous holes in the environment have been patched
- Camera triggers have been optimized and should properly transition back to main camera without getting stuck (lower quality hardware might still see this issue)
- General level optimizations and fixes for spawned object positioning
- Added a non dx11 compliant version of the snow. Users affected with the “black snow and trees” issue should be able to play now
- Players will now see a dynamic blurred background rather than a static ‘blurred’ image if they have post-processing enabled
- Reduced initial cooldown of ghost abilities to 60 seconds from 180 seconds
- Fixed issue with player corpses not being interactable when killed during hysteria event
- Fixed case where activated traitor abilities could be different for host and clients
- Animals will no longer continue to attack the space where a player boarded the escape pod after it departs
- Updated visuals for player voice chat indicators in bottom left of screen. Ghosts now also display an icon to indicate who is speaking
- Fixed landmine explosion graphic (will now play for its full duration)
- Fuel bars for campfires will now hide when not being targeted by the player
- Fixed overlapping/stuck error messages on host lobby popup
- Fixed case where player controls could break when vomiting and firing a ranged weapon at the same time
- Fixed collision for traitor crates
- Update Discord and "Buy More Skins" buttons to open in Steam overlay browser to try to prevent the antivirus lock issue
- Fixed "escape without eating berries" bonus objective not counting poisoned berries
- Updated sort order of crafting items to better group item types
- Fixed kicking multiple players from a lobby only preventing the first kicked player from rejoining
- Optimizations to reduce network data sent for players and animals
- Timeline entries on game over screen will now show survivor and traitor icons in front of player names for more events
- Added timeline event for opening truth serum lab
- Increased opacity of text chat background slightly to increase readability
- Fixed "Exquisite Chef" achievement unlocking at 31 items instead of 30, and not counting pot pies
- Added unique ammo icons for each type of ranged weapon
- Fixed crossbow bolts not despawning after hitting certain surfaces
- Fixed ghost nameplates sometimes appearing for living players
- Fixed aiming reticle not appearing for snowball fight
- Fixed various issues with Player profile tracking stats.