The Eden Rising Summer Update is LIVE!
We've replaced the Typhon Pass Outpost with a Lair where players can now unlock Rift Gloves! These new combat gloves will allow Wardens to place damaging zones in front of them that persist as long as your mana holds out. These are great for piling on the damage on the fly during a wilderness fight or for covering a bottleneck during sieges. Those of you that love Aggravating Hives as much as I do will love them even more for their ability to draw a bunch of creatures into your damage zones.
We've also given ranged weapons some love. We've worked on animations and projectile effects to make Slingers and Bombards look and feel better. The snipers among you will appreciate how Slingers now do more critical damage and can stagger weaker monsters when shooting them in weak points. We've also adjusted Bombard damage so it's better at destroying clusters of monsters.
More details on this and a bunch of fixes to community-reported issues in the patch notes! As always, we'd love to hear what you think on Discord!
PATCH NOTES v1.0.258
- Added Rift Gloves! These new gloves (Rift, Cloudkill and Nullspace) create a damaging zone that persists as long as your mana holds out
- Changed the Typhon Pass Outpost into a challenging lair that rewards the new glove (and the Conversion Rod has been moved to a different lair in the Searing Coast)
- Slingers have new effects and significantly higher crit multipliers and somewhat lower base damage. They can also now stagger weaker monsters when hitting weak points
- Bombards have new effects and have had their damage flattened so they deal the same damage to all enemies in their AoE (they have effectively been buffed against multiple targets and nerfed against single targets). Charge time and penetration have been increased
- The Bombard is now available from the start of the game, and the Slinger has been moved to the North-West Valley Outpost
- The Chitin Slinger is now available in the Fungal Preserve
- If you are playing in solo you will occasionally get notifications to let you know when other players are playing in the same area
- Pillars can now be picked up during recharge and have had their build timing adjusted
- Players can now drop quantities of items less than an entire stack
- “Always Show Chat” now available in the options menu
- Storage now gives proper feedback and info if it’s blocked due to World Host restrictions
- The Crafting Screen now informs you if you will use items from storage
- Using gloves and aiming ranged weapons now interrupt sprinting (this primarily affects controllers)
- Link earned at Crucibles, Outposts and Lairs is now visible on the World Map
- Radiation Zones now apply stronger radiation, but the monsters in them apply less on proximity
- Some weapons that previously lost attack power on upgrade to a new type have had their values adjusted
Fixes & Adjustments
- Equipment in a slot on the gear screen is now ordered more sensibly
- Fixed a large number of locations where players reported getting stuck
- Fixed issue where the Crucible Improvements Screen wouldn’t display correctly after spending modules
- The Cloudkill Glaive now works as described
- Fixed an issue where mastery could be unlocked in the bestiary without receiving the appropriate core
- Interacting with the crafting screen should be smoother now
- Extraction gloves (including the Gravitic Extractor) now correctly improve their speed as they get upgraded
- Fixed issue where host server options could not be changed if World Access was set to "Invite Only"
- Completing Lairs now shows the Results Screen
- Armored Thulians and Hydras now correctly dissolve on death
- Fixed some issues with Russian localization in the tutorial
Thank you for playing Eden Rising!