Hello space survivors!
We are excited to share our latest summer update with all of you, the Shortest Trip to Earth community! Read below to find out about all the awesome improvements this patch includes.
Starting from this update, you can upgrade module slots on your ship - only for an exorbitant price, of course! But this is not all, for your crew will now also gain 1 skill point due to experience after each completed sector. And finally, controlling your crew will be easier than ever. The game has also been thoroughly re-balanced. We are really interested to hear your thoughts on the game's difficulty after this update!
- Hybrid slots that accept point-defences can be upgraded into weapon slots. (for the cost 1000 metal, 666 synthethics and 10 exotics)
- Internal slots can be upgraded to internal core slots, giving the ship +1HP (for the cost 300 metal 100 synthethics and 1 exotics)
- Improved slots can be downgraded to regain some of the upgrade cost.
One-Click Crew Assignments
You can now easily assign crew to various tasks/modules, and even toggle between allowing ship HP repair or not.
Click on "assignments" to send the entity with the best relevant skills to take care of it (+ sign), or unassign crew members (- sign).
If a drone and a living entity have the same skill level, a drone will be assigned first.
Crew can also be assigned to specialize on using a specific skill from their own crew info panel.
Drones & pets can be assigned to limited activities (because they have limited skills).
This permanently changes the crew logic and removes "roles" as such from the game.
Despite being occasionally a little inefficient, assignments will make the entire gameplay easier. It will never be consistently as efficient as issuing manual commands, because crew members can have good stats in multiple skills, and only the player can decide if a specific crew member needs to be a good gunner, a fair shield operator or if they should just work in the gardens or cryosleep.
Smugglers that cheat can be now attacked in ship-to-ship combat, and there will be a few roaming hostile fleets with new ships for you to encounter.
For a detailed overview of the updated features, check out the latest changelog:
New features and content
- Major new feature: the "Crew Assignments" allows you to assign crew to various tasks with a single click!
- Major new feature: hybrid slots can be now upgraded to weapon slots, along with other slot upgrades
- New feature: each non-drone crewmember gets an experience level at the start of a new sector (except the 1st)
- New minor feature: cheating smuggler ships can be now attacked
- New module type & feature: ships can now have laboratories that generates credits as you travel!
- New minor feature: some pirates now fear nukes
- New minor feature: variety of game over texts after ship destruction.
- New enemy fleet types in levels 1, 2 and 4 (Life Tasters, Style Guardians, and others for you to discover)
- New enemy ships (found encountering smugglers and Solipsists)
- New crew skill: sensors (boosts range of all ship sensor operated by the crewmember)
- Small content updates for 50+ events
- New human crewtype: the scientist (starts with high science skill)
- New modules, including: Tigerfish engine, Rats engine, Rats reactor, DIY rat shieldbattery, insectoid ECM,
- New ship weapons: DIY raygun varieties (heatray & EMP)
- Sector summary panel now shows how many perks have been unlocked and how many there are
- "Rogue rat" some ship walls removed and 2 extra nuke slots added
- rebalanced Bluestar & Atlas
- Ships now start with 12 cargo slots
- Cannons, missiles, shields and ECMs are better now. Many missile weapons have new missiles
- Explosives are much cheaper now.
- Good things in shops can now be more outrageously expensive, or a bit cheaper
- more good but expensive things in some shops now
- made universal expensibles shop module selection even better
- Updated enemy crew & intruders in ships.
- updated ships, weapons
- DIY tanks and drones are now better
- Shields and shieldbatteries are now slightly better
- Updated drone fire resistances & desciptions
- Increased fire resistance of player ships
- Updated hitpoints of cannons, fire resistances of ships
- Updated enemy ship deflections
- Updated player and enemy crews
- human crew stats rebalanced
- updated nonhuman crew stats
- spideraa ships are now stronger
- Exotic cannon projectile can be seen by enemy point defences, but has 6hp
- EMP weapon overloads now generally lasts 20 sec
- Perk selection now shows the actual number of storage slots available in ship
- almost all nukes have more hp now
- reduced shield overload to 15 secs
- module and shop price updates
- updated pirate drones, smuggler ships, smuggler fleets
Visuals & misc
- Selecting crew from multiple crew panel now gives an indication of who was selected
- Giving a move command override recipient crew role to Unoccupied when that crew was Firefighter, Repairer or SecOfficer
- Expanded help page for ship weapon types
- Module data subpanel now combines shield, ship and module damage. (Module hover, weapon target hover and grouped dmg hover need work)
- Replaced "drone" with "bot" in most events to differenciate them from player's internal drones
- New help page for crew & skills
- 3 new ship looks: decoy variants of existing ships
- Menu background image changes now only when game is restarted.
- Removed numbers from module descriptions, to allow later rebalancing without retranslation
- Made intview camera pan area a bit wider (but not in shop)
- Ratcruiser red floor softened
- Some perk images changed
- Disabled crew commemorate button now has a different hover text
- Module actions panel buttons re-align/restructure
- Warping can now be cancelled from selected warp module UI. Module hotkeys won't work any more while module is overloaded.
- Shop UI visual tuning
- Weapon effects now also shows if the weapon deals normal anti-crew damage
- Crew commemorate button is now disabled instead of being hidden if the time is not right for the commemoration
- Crew panel now closes too when E is pressed. Help panel now closes too when F1 is pressed.
- Remapped ship exterior toggling from numpad+ to F11
- Menu changes background image now only when game is restarted.
- Warping flash intensity slighltly reduced
- Armored rat cryosleep module navmesh fix
- A large number of rare or less evident issues fixed
- Rogue Rat ship small fixes, removed old doors, slot numbering fixed.
- Insectoid bossweapon now looks different on player ship
- Crew names can now contain "e" again (was broken when hotkey e started closing crew panel)
Once again, we want to thank you for your constant feedback and support throughout Early Access. We hope you enjoy our latest improvements!
Join the Shortest Trip to Earth community!