Hello! Today's 1.40 patch introduces a few much-requested features, fixes a handful of bugs, and introduces Revenant versions of Hawk and Draco. It also adds fully translated Datalore for German!
It also introduces some test metric collection that we'll improve over time - 20XX will now collect a small amount of usage data (completely anonymized, not tie-able to a given player or their Steam ID whatsoever) that'll help us balance the game going forward. An opt-out toggle is in Advanced Options if desired.
Thanks for playing!
Hawk and Draco now have Revenant models of their characters. The art for these may or may not be final - at present, they're recolors.
When Nina hits a Boss with 2-3 shots in a row, the attacks after the first now do more damage (1.0x/0.8x/0.8x, up from 1.0x/0.5x/0.5x). This means that a base 3-hit combo from Nina now deals 10+8+8 = 26, up from 10+5+5 = 20. (This may be 0.1x too far. We'll see!) This change also applies to Draco's projectile combos.
Nina's (and Draco's projectile) shot-refresh timer (the time after which a shot no longer counts as "on screen" for "can I shoot again?" checks upped to 0.75s (from 0.5s).
World Slug removed. The world now moves at an appropriate pace.
Added Auto-charge in Advanced Options. We know this one's contentious, but we've (finally) decided to add it - folks who play the game a lot report hand pain as a limiting factor in their time spent playing 20XX - and we're trying it out. As a note: while this is on test, the code for this is not pretty, and I'm sure there are bugs.
Death Lotus will now ping his next emerge location a bit in advance.
Steam users J.Clockson_YT and xankrieger have translated the game's detailed enemy & item Datalore into German! (So it's now available in German.) Some of the descriptions run over the text box size. Turns out German uses a lot of characters.
In Endless play, 20XX will now forget what items it's generated every ten levels as long as the endgame gauntlet hasn't begun. This means Once Per Run items will spawn again - repeated pickups won't do anything.
Rebeginners past the third available unit will no longer display or factor into the Repro chain.
Plasma Blender's combo-size-growth rate reduced by 33%. (It's now smaller when combo-charged.)
Increased charged Rapture's speed by 50%. It also now counts as a wall for enemy projectile purposes - it'll block any shots a wall would normally stop.
Scatterblast now fires 2 additional projectiles when charged.
Courtesy of player Cwolfcommander, we've got some better-fitting Autumn and Dvorac character models!
As a pilot program, the test client now defaults to reporting a small amount of player usage data. The data is anonymized, and contains no personally identifying data whatsoever.
The game currently collects info on how often the eight basic Powers are chosen relative to how often the player has the opportunity to acquire them. It also collects level start/end data, indicating what level (number and theme) players are dying in most often.
You can opt out of metrics generation in Advanced Options.
- Fixed what I'm hoping is the primary cause of co-op play Endless run crashes.
- Implemented a potential fix for the "vaulting" issue some players have noticed.
- Fixed an issue that could cause enemies to rarely appear out of nowhere (they were being reset to their spawn points at really inopportune times). This usually happened with Agnisort Bzzombs (bees), but was possible elsewhere. This may also take out the rare "invisible enemy" bug where you collide with an enemy hitbox that you can't see or shoot.
- Fixed an issue where black-square Prototypes could appear late in Endless runs.
- Fixed an issue where Save & Quit resulted in catastrophic Nut Loss.
- Fixed an issue where Intensifier wasn't boosting Vika's charged shot.
- Fixed Murderdrone doing 8 damage (should be 10) - did I change this on purpose?
- Entropy Lock no longer shows up in Boss Rush.
- Fixed an issue where the Get Equipped & Provoke achievements would fail to trigger for the client in online co-op.
- Fixed an issue where Meganut could be taken into Challenges (if it spawned in HQ as a next-run item).
- If the game window loses focus while it's unable to pause (say, because you're looking at a boss intro), it'll pause as soon as it can (instead of not pausing).
- Fixed Draco's Rapture & Gemini weapons (bubble, bow) not respecting shot limits.