Listen up Partisans,
We saw your feedback, plotted for days and now it's finally here! Build a pilot seat, explore underground maps, mine with your drillship, discover caves, spy on your enemies using the periscope, and more in the Travel Update.
With this update, our intention was to solve following issues frequently reported by community: nothing to do underground, previous traveling system being just a fancy fast travel and not being able to mine with your drillship. This is also only the first iteration. In future updates, you can look forward to things like underground combat, toolbar in the travel map view (for torpedoes, boarding drones, self-repair) and survival mechanics.
Big thanks to our amazing community for helping us name all these new locations! Coming up with names is probably the hardest part of game development (not joking).
[th]SMALL FEATURES & CHANGES[/th]
- Music audio slider in options
- Once a dead COG is looted, the outline no longer shows
- New quest hud marker system that keeps markers at the center of the screen
- Landing site numbers replaced by names suggested by the community
- Ore deposit spawn locations have been decreased, ore respawns only after the eruption
- Starter drillship has more items in inventory which makes the first few quests a lot more faster, and less about endless checklists
- COG attack groups no longer camp on free landing sites, but run between all landing sites within the node
- Unity launcher has been removed
- Ability to call drillship to other landing sites is removed, but might be brought back in future (the ability to call it under and above is still available)
- Target selector has been removed and will be remembered only in Captain's deck
- Map stand has a different texture and will be improved in future
- Get development news and sneak peeks on Twitter or Facebook
- Participate in contests and chat with the development team on Discord
- See upcoming features on Trello
- Watch update trailers on YouTube
- See highlights from the office and conferences on Instagram
If you have any questions drop them in the comments below or on our social media.
Enjoy, and don't get lost down there!
~ Volcanoids Dev Squad 🌋