Update #158 sees 4 new Talents slot into spots across 3 Jobs, a new De Valtos only Luxury Suite, some rebalance to the new Sig Dampeners and Xeno crew combat defense as well as a big sweep of fixes based on community feedback. As always, new Talents expand the already expansive field of possible builds and make some crew build outs more possible.
If you're enjoying the pace of updates please be sure to leave a review and tell a friend.
A huge thanks goes out to the community members posting suggestions, bug reports and feedback.
Highly Trained Pistoleer
The Pistoleer combat Job has gained 2 new useful, high rank Talents with Update #158.
With "Exposed Shot" you can now take aim at a target in any slot in the enemy's line up granting all new flexibility for a Pistoleer. The shot requires deadly aim but may not do as much damage, but its value is in the sheer flexibility. However, for stepping so into the open you'll suffer a small Defense and Dodge bonus for the next few turns.
With "Confounding Gunplay" you have an immediately available attack that can drop 50% Stun and a small Accuracy debuff on an enemy at only 1.5X the Initiative cost of your pistol. This rank 15 Talent comes with some nice punching power and will be a foundation of high-end Pistoleer builds for centuries to come.
Bounty Hunters are finally getting into the prize ship game with "Realm's Justice", capable of claiming a ship during a Conflict for a faction. As the edict-carrying enforces of a faction, they take the ship for 50% of the cost and one of the higher Rep damages in the set. You may be making enemies but you've gained a ship and struck a might blow in the Conflict. Be the hand of "Realm's Justice" and capture a ship today.
Diplomats have gained a new rank 8 Talent "Unyielding Force" granting an Intimidation save to match their rank 1 Negotiation save. As a non-combat class, this utility is especially key and it can help narrow the required build of a ship crew. Where you may have needed more specialists to cover Intimidation -- such as a Pirate -- now your diplomatic corp can keep that on the lock.
Component Rebalance and Fixes
With this update, we've tweaked the stats for the new Sig Dampeners to ensure that they are fairly in line with other competitive long range and escape focused components. We've also fixed a bug that was introduced where a list of components gained different bonuses like +8 Void Resist accidentally. These have now been removed.
All Luxury Suites and Cabins now have minimum economy ratings in order to install.
And, if you're looking for your Ship Encounter reduction rate you can see it now on the ship status screen.
v2.5.47 - 6/12/2019
- Added new rank 15 Bounty Hunter Talent "Realm's Justice" allows the BH to capture a prize ship under standard rules
- Added new rank 11 Pistoleer Talent "Exposed Shot" which allows targeting backline enemies at a penalty
- Added new rank 15 Pistoleer Talent "Confounding Gunplay" which debuffs with 50% Stun
- Added new rank 8 Diplomat Talent "Unyielding Force" saves against Intimidate skill failures
- Added new De Valtos only ship component "Grand Luxury Suites" which grants a +22% bonus per passenger
- Reduced crew combat evasion for Terrox Xeno by 10-20% based on type
- Rebalanced bonuses from slightly overpowered set of Sig Dampener Components
- Ship Encounter rate reduction now shown on main ship status screen
- Fixed bug with Reinforced Medical Chamber, Sensor Array 1, Storage Cache, Reinforced Officer Cabin, M2400 Void Engine: Traveler all accidentally getting incorrect extra bonuses
- Added minimum Economy requirements for all Luxury Cabin types
- Fixed issue allowing Wing Bomber's Talent "Intimidating Fly Over" to take effect in wild zones
- Switched names for Elo Tech Talents "Hunt and Seek" and "ECCM Surge"