The feature highlights for this release are we’re now simulating the curvature of the earth to help bring the action closer to the player, we’ve added a new Frigate enemy type and we've added a new game mechanic to the snorkel which will now flood the engine room if it's not stowed properly when traveling below periscope depth. We’ve also added lots of other features including quality of life and balance changes.
Full changelog below:
- Simulated Horizon with curvature of the earth
- Applied realistic ships speeds to submarine and enemies
- Reduced the engagement zone size to keep the pace of the game consistent with realistic ship speeds
- Added Frigate to open world as primary convoy defense vessel with 3 inch guns and depth charges
- Up to 6 frigates will be assigned to defend a convoy based on the Open World threat level, however frigates only require 2 torpedoes to sink.
- Upgraded destroyer guns to 6 inch
- Added Hedgehog weapon to some destroyers
- New destroyer model
- Updated battleship damage zones to split damage between port and starboard sides
- Updated battleship behaviour to expose strongest side to the player
- Removed hedgehog weapon from battleship and retired lone battleship mission as this vessel now only spawns with supporting destroyers
- Improved enemy gun targeting
- Applied realistic projectile speeds and arc to enemy shells
- Added Smoke effect to Frigate, Destroyers and Battleship funnels
- Added a menu item to the hand display to allow the host to turn assists on/off during a mission
- Added identification and range labels for ships inside the periscope view, this can be toggled in general settings.
- Added snorkel overflow outlet that floods the engine room when the snorkel is not stowed when submerged if the engine room assist is off.
- Added Depth Gauge to engine room.
- Auto Rudder now automatically orientates to fast travel direction.
- Each player is now assigned a different green, red, blue or white helmet and the helmet colour is reflected on the players name in the add friend and kick player menus on the hand display.
- Increased effectiveness of hydroplane and reduced forward velocity penalty when using the hydroplane.
- Added Knuckles/Index controller button bindings.
- Periscope start position is now facing the bow
- Fixed a bug where the Telescope could cause the user to lose their vision inside the submarine.
- Fixed a bug where map markers would not update correctly with the waypoint assist off.
Changed files in this update